What year base car for a 2zz swap?

Started by bluesmoke, June 7, 2011, 16:16

AmeR

I just think that will give you the time to judge the engine and learn the characteristics of the car. Not for ever, just a few months.

I'm pretty set on boosting mine at some point! Now all I need is the money...  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

a very nice turbo facelift up for sale. ive seen this car very tidy example.

manchestermatt1986

Quote from: "mattbrown82"You might be able to reduce the cost of going 2zz by getting a pre facelift with a knackered engine.  Your no doubt aware of the issues with the early engines, so there are going to be lots going cheap with dead/dying engines.  

However, if you are going turbo you will want to do it on a healthy engine.

Is this talking about the prefacelift 2zz or 1zz?
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

Ilogik

Quote from: "dcod"Hi,

I've just swapped to 2zz.

Engine,6 speed gearbox, ecu, transponder (important) - £1500
Rogue Motorsport conversion - £1500

Total £3700 (including such things as decent manifold, sport cat, induction kit, fitting my supplied exhaust)

Am I happy? I can't find a smiley face smiley enough to represent my happiness.

Which induction kit did you go for bud?  Did you buy he MWR Dipstick and Engine mount as well?
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

dcod

Quote from: "Ilogik"Which induction kit did you go for bud?  Did you buy he MWR Dipstick and Engine mount as well?

Don't actually know, it was put on as part of Rogue's conversion. I shall have to find out. Maybe I'll post some pictures of the work they did.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Tags: