Turbo: whats needed

Started by Anonymous, June 13, 2011, 07:16

markiii

Quote from: "Sonner"THERE ISN'T ANY NEED TO HAVE MATCHING FRONTs AND REARs, IT's NICE BUT NOT NECESSARY! as long as you know your car and your tyres it makes no real difference. The fact that i already have bought the matching tyres(first thing i did when i got the car) shows i do not have the 'it can last a bit longer attitude'

i never put them on because i found the car handled fine with what's on there, still had predictable on the limit handling and braking stability in the wet etc etc.

i may not have alot of money but i know what the priorities are on a car and how to drive one.

in which case a turbo will be good for you as you can find that ditch even faster

maybe the impact will knock some sense into you
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

muffdan

[Mod]Sonner has stated that he is aware of the club's advice regarding the running of mis-matched tyres. As with everything regarding our cars, it is his decision to run with whatever setup he wants and is happy with. Not all mismatch wheel/tyre combinations are detrimental to the handling and sonner is the only person in a position to judge this on his particular car.[/Mod]
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

philster_d

Importing from America may be cheaper but beware that you dont realy have any route back when there are issues.

My fully built MWR engine melted in 5 minutes and I had no recourse at all. Had I used a UK supplier perhapse I could have took it back or got some support or something. I did a lot of sums first and used the best garages so its not like I cut any corners just costs.

Back in the days of Hass people had major issues trying to get the right/missing bits, its an extra risk to consider. I think it comes into play more when the purchase is more complicated than say, just the odd individual part.

You cant run huge injectors on a piggy back either so its 1 or the other with stand alone ECU obligatory for big injectors. Incidentaly I still have the brand new 700cc injectors from my build somewhere (but it was another ballpark to just quickly adding a turbo).

Phil

Tags: