Siezed Wheel

Started by Anonymous, April 7, 2004, 10:29

Anonymous

I know this is a dumb question  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Tried to get my wheel off to pait the calapers, but after removing all the nuts it wont budge.. I tried for a half hour then it started to chuck it down  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  April showers are living up top their name  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

You think a spot of WD40 will pry it off or are there any other methods to use  s:? :? s:?   I have miticed small inlets about the hub of the disk, you think these are for oil should such a problem occur?

markiii

had a similar problem with seans a week or so back.

a soft twel wrapped a round teh wheel spoke and the a crow bar (gently between the towel and the caliper, followed by a small nudge and off it popped.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

We reckon it was copious amounts of copper grease 'gluing' mine on. A good yank will pull it off too, but it's risky if the car is only on a jack, so Mark's method is safer in that scenario.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

thanks.. I wonder what would happed if this occured on a country lane with a flat  s:x :x s:x

Tem

Quote from: "vibratingsky"thanks.. I wonder what would happed if this occured on a country lane with a flat  s:x :x s:x

Just give a side of the tire a good sharp kick, that has always worked for me. Don't forget to put the spare under the side of the car, just in case you manage to drop it off the jack...

The crowbar method sounds safer, but I never had any issues with kicking either  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  Plus it gives you this "take that!"-feeling  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: