2zz What gearbox oil?

Started by dcod, July 1, 2011, 12:59

dcod

Hi,

I'm replacing my clutch and wondering what gearbox oil to put in? I'd like to put in Redline but not sure which one (MT90 Manual Transmission (MT) 90W Gear Oil, (75W90) Synthetic Gear Oil or (MTL) Synthetic Manual Transmission Lubricant).

Also, does anyone know how much I'll need and where to get it?

Cheers,

Dave
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

aaronjb

MT90, Opie Oils, 2 bottles for a 5-speed, slightly more IIRC for a 6-speed.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

dcod

Thanks aaronjb.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

aaronjb

Actually - 2 quarts (bottles) with LSD, 2.2qts without LSD and I think 2.2ish for the 6 speed (well, I managed to get in >2 bottles last time through the fill hole before it came back out)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

dcod

Just ordered 3 bottles from OpieOils   s:D :D s:D  

Should be enough. Any left over I'll use in a  scock cock scock tail.   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Thanks.

dcod

Can't believe it censored that.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

Quote from: "dcod"Can't believe it censored that.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

yep we are that PC
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: