Whiteline ARB and Droplinks

Started by nathanMR2, July 12, 2011, 07:29

nathanMR2

Ive recently fitted the some 2nd hand whiteline droplinks and a rear anti roll bar however now im getting a really bad squeek from the rear end.

The droplinks where a little stiff (ooouh err!) but we did lube them up and make sure they were moving freely before fitment. But now even if i push down on the back of the car or get in or out they squeek. I reused the nut and bolts that came with them which i can only assume have worked their way loose so im going to replace them. Does anyone know the nut size which are supplied with the droplinks so i can pick some up before i start taking everything apart.... again!

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

FGrob

Did you smear any red rubber grease on the main body / anti roll bar mounting rubber, if not that will almost probably be your problem, as for the nut size I've no idea, I generally would take a nut with me to get it sized first.

Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

nathanMR2

Yes we did that so I wasn't expecting that to be the issue. We would seem to make sense though.

Ill get everything apart and re lube I guess and see if that sorts it. Cant live with it like it is now though!

Wabbitkilla

Mine have a bit of a squeak too ... must get in and re-lube them with red rubber grease when I'm not actually driving and enjoying the car   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

nathanMR2

Just had a thought   s:idea: :idea: s:idea:  

I painted the bar before i put it on with around 4 coats of paint, so it could be that its a little tooooo thick for the mount perhaps.

Ill rub the mounted areas down and regrease i think

carl_evs

Sorry to hear you have problems. Not something I had issues wih. From memory I believe they were M8 nuts and bolts bit it's a long time since i got them. all I did was take one of the droplinks into the hardware store when I fitted mine - although if they are on your car that would be a little more difficult to do. On a side note the bolts were actually too long anyay so you would actually want the new bolts to be slightly shorter , however them being the same length will have no ill effect.
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

nathanMR2

Ok Carl.

I think ive sorted one of the issues, but ive still got a bit of a noise there.

Im going to leave them for a bit and let the mounts bed into the (newly painted) bar. Im hoping they will wear through the paint and sort themselfs out  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: