215/40/17 wheels all round ???

Started by dixiedave90, August 18, 2011, 11:17

dixiedave90

hi this is going to be another silly question but better asked than finding out the hard way the idea is that here in the wisbech area there is no car tuning places that sell wheels as a pair instead of a set of four so i was woundering what the 2 is like to have 215/40/17 wheels all round i know the back wheels may be ok but its the front that may cause problems mostly will this size wheel even fit on the car without any scraping on the arch or on full lock if anyone here has tryed this id love to here about it.  s:) :) s:)     cheers                  david
David...
2003 mr2 roadster / pipercross panel filter with custom intake piping / custom twin exit longlife exhaust made by ice direct / in car dvd / colour codeing all round / trd spoiler added / hid 6000K with led side and number plate bulbs / front bumper weight saving due to hitting a hare :S

AmeR

s:( :( s:(

scottish_turbo

You can buy sets of alloys in a staggered set up. You would be best phoning the companies and speaking to them once you have decided on which wheels and tyre sizes you want. There is plenty of threads on here where you can see what others have and the tyre selection they have gone for.

roger

Those are actually tyre sizes, not wheels. I assume they are selling them with tyres fitted?

To have same size wheels is not so bad as having same size tyres, so if you can get them to stagger the tyres, then it should be OK.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Barney Bear

Speak to Ashley at Kirkley Run tyres in Lowestoft also have 2 shops in GY my advise would be listen to advise given by so many on here and go with it
it works   s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

dixiedave90

cheers for the replys guys and ive been looking round the internet and found one or two places at peterboro that may have what im looking for but for now im saving up for some 30mm lowering springs ......well ya gotta get it a bit lower before putting diffrent wheels on ....right   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  but once the springs are on then the serch is on for ether rota gtrs in white or silver zito 569s which ever i get its surely gonna look better.  s:D :D s:D  also im looking forward to seeing you all at the next norfolk meet the last one was a good night   s:D :D s:D
David...
2003 mr2 roadster / pipercross panel filter with custom intake piping / custom twin exit longlife exhaust made by ice direct / in car dvd / colour codeing all round / trd spoiler added / hid 6000K with led side and number plate bulbs / front bumper weight saving due to hitting a hare :S

Tags: