Which silver ?

Started by Stephster, August 18, 2011, 12:24

Stephster

So, the little Miss is having her rusty bits treated and touched up, and then a machine polish and crystal coating this weekend. Thing is, I need to get matching colour from Halford's and there are two silvers, which Halfords only know by name, Lucerne Silver and another one ( I am that good, I have forgotten ). Does anyone know which one is the correct one for a pre-face lift silver 2 ?

Thanks  s:) :) s:)
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

Mike_V

Hi Steph.
You cant get it from Halfords, its Toyota code 1D0 but you can get it from here.
 m http://www.paints4u.com/AutoColours.aspx?ProductID=5021 m
You'll also need a clear laquer but Halfords will do.

Mike
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

loadswine

Some Halfords stores will make up paint for you on site while you wait, either in a touch up bottle or a rattle can. You just need the paint code, which, in this case, you have.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Stephster

Thanks to you both, have just put in my order and paid for next day delivery ( it was before I read your post loadswine ), as I need it for Saturday morning. Should have remembered about Halford's making up the paint, as I had some made up years ago for an old car.
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

Tags: