Faulty Temperature Display?

Started by Anonymous, July 6, 2003, 17:32

Anonymous

Ive just been sitting talking to a mate with the engine running - the fan came on for the first time and i looked at the temperature needle and it was in the middle of the scale...? Fan went off and it didnt move... fan came on again a while later, looked at the needle and again, it was still in the middle...?!?

The needle works, as when i start the car in the morning, it goes from cold to the middle of the scale, and the sensor must be working as the fan was coming on and off as it should, but the needle didnt rise above half way.

Anyone else had this?!?

Anonymous

All the cars I've ever had seemed to have unpredictable fans.  Likewise all the cars I've ever had had a temp sensor that only ever went down if left parked, off, for a long period of time (hours).

Anonymous

The needle should never realy move from middle apart from starting   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   But eh fan is used to keep the engine at that temp and uses a costant in the ecu and then the fan will cut in 10oc above the constant. If teh needle dose go obove the middle posistion then you may have somthing wrong !!!

Anonymous

oh, so i should be happy then!   s:o :o s:o

Anonymous

Yeah because the ECU temp mointering system is working and cooling the engine,

Kris relax cars are ment to get hot !   s8) 8) s8)

Tags: