6 speed quickshift

Started by Anonymous, April 14, 2004, 09:16

Anonymous

Anyone know if any of the quickshifts out there are OK for the 6 speed manual?

Got an email back from Fensport today saying the TRD one is only for 5 speed  s:( :( s:(

Is the B&M or TWM suitable for 6 speed?

What are they like to live with day to day? Would I be better off just replacing the bushings for the stock lever? Would that make the action more smooth?

GSB

I think the 5 speed TRD one will fit, but it comes with a TRD knob marked for 5 speeds. If you use the original knob it shoud be okay.

I think Japanparts.com list a 6 speed TRD quickshift though.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tem

According to TRD's website, the same one is ok for 5/6 speed manuals, but not the SMT (I'm sure you all knew the SMT-part anyway, just repeating them  s8) 8) s8) ).

Isn't the stock shifter the same with 5/6-speeds as well..?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Thanks guys, and thanks for the PMs Tem   s8) 8) s8)  

Dunno about stock shifter between 5/6 speeds  s:( :( s:(

Just don't want to buy something that doesn't fit  s:( :( s:(

GSB

Quote from: "Tem"Isn't the stock shifter the same with 5/6-speeds as well..?

From what I remember, they're identical. I'm sure that the only difference between the TRD quickshifts for the 5 and 6 speeds is the artwork on top of the knob...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Thanks  s;) ;) s;)

Not bothered about a new knob as I quite like the stock one so that will probably be ported over  s;) ;) s;)

Time to find cheapest place to buy then   s8) 8) s8)

markiii

trust ne havinng been in the depths of this both on mine and Adams. They will fit.

the only attachement point on teh cage is for teh cabkles. The GATE shift patternis is determined at the gearbox end.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: