coolant level again (normal to be below low)

Started by Anonymous, April 14, 2004, 10:58

Anonymous

right dont know if you read my post yesterday but basically had a coolant change done on my car by MrT and when i checked the day after when the engine was cool the level was below low.

anyway I rang them up they apologised and had it in this morning to redo it for me.
they said theyve checked it and everythings ok now. so after running the car to work i checked the level and it was on the max mark(due to the engine being hot)
ive left it a couple of hours for it to cool down and just checked the level again and now its below the low mark again.

is this right?? before the coolant change mine always sat just above the low mark when the engine was cool

do i need to get onto MrT again to top it up abit??

it drives ok and doesnt over heat so theres no air lock but i just thought the level should be higher

thanks for your help

Alan

SteveJ

May I suggest you use the search function - the topic of coolant levels has been discussed several times recently, and I'm sure you will find your answer in at least one of the posts.

Anonymous

sorry doesnt matter ive phoned toyota and they are going to supply me with a bottle of coolant so i can top it up myself when the engine is cold and at its lowest mark.

this post subject can be deleted or closed.

thanks

Alan

Tags: