Headlight refurb

Started by ayresyboy, September 30, 2011, 15:40

StuC

Quote from: "dick2ski"I can, and if you pop round Ill fit them for you as well. Just tell me what you need.

Is it possible for you to be any more helpful?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Treboeth

Quote from: "StuC"
Quote from: "dick2ski"I can, and if you pop round Ill fit them for you as well. Just tell me what you need.

Is it possible for you to be any more helpful?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

That`s not helpful at all!

He does`nt even offer to valet the car for you  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

Mike_V

I'll take a set off you D1ck, with internal part painted in 1D0 silver and without the Amber surround! I'll part ex mine if ok, please let me know when you have a set available.
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

Anonymous

Thanks Mike. I assume your not in a rush. Ill keep a good set aside and give you a shout when done.

Mike_V

No rush at all, just give me a shout when ready  s:) :) s:)
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

MRS-Emma

me too please same colour 1DO Silver without the amber cover! pm me to let me know!

andyroo104

Any chance of a picture of these fitted,they look great by the way.
Andy.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

As soon as I posted those pics I sold out!
If anyone has some lights for sale, or wants their current set doing please give me a call. Otherwise I can only do ones off the cars I buy in.
There is demand for standard lights for crash repairs too. All quite frustrating, sorry.

AmeR

Nathan has his old set for sale, D!ck

Anonymous

Already on it, cheers Paul.
The problem popping the lights open, prep and paint is going to be time. Probably work out similar in cost to a second hand pair of facelifts.

Chris H

and i'll have a pair of pre-facelift......as soon as i get a little help
to fit the face-lifts.....nudge,nudge,  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ,  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ,AmeR.........  s:) :) s:)

SUREEV

Hey guys hope everyone is well.
I just wanted to know how do you remove the plastic cover from the headlights.
Can it be removed or did you like break it when you took them off?
the reason I am asking this is because i need to clean headlight because its also gone very old n misty.
I phoned the toyota agents n asked them about it and they said that it is a sealed unit and cannot be cleaned from the inside.
He said if its that bad I have to rather buy a new headlight. By the way the headlight is not cheap!
Can anybody help me and tell me what is the cheapest and best way to do it.

AmeR

They can be carefully heated and peeled apart. There is an thread on it somewhere...

*edit*
Here you go:
 w www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2 ... 1dcc593c20 w

SUREEV

Hey thanks Amer for your help.
It seems like a big job but nevertheless it has to be done.
I'll have to have someone to help me with that.
thank you!

Tommygun1

I would suggest a heat gun around where the light meets the back as tge oven can scortch the lights . On my old car i did this and installed angel eyes .

SUREEV

Oh ok cool man.
I will try it out.

Anonymous

Great Mod guys! **must resist taking my car apart**   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

StuC

Quote from: "Tommygun1"I would suggest a heat gun around where the light meets the back as tge oven can scortch the lights . On my old car i did this and installed angel eyes .

Any pictures of those installed or being installed?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

nahk54321

I want my lights done but ''dick2ski'' don't have a PM button!

Treboeth

Quote from: "nahk54321"I want my lights done but ''dick2ski'' don't have a PM button!

Unfortunately
 l viewtopic.php?f=65&t=40075 l

nahk54321

Ah nuts! Now who to turn to?

(Thanks for the msg Treboeth)

Tags: