Buying Guide

Started by Martyn, October 4, 2011, 18:09

Anonymous

Gearboxes do get swapped. I sold 3 last week.

Martyn

Just got back from viewing this 06 plate apparently good honest car, there was nothing honest about it the front bumper was darker than the bonnet the pass side had orange peel all down it. It had had more work done on it than Jordan   s:D :D s:D   The service history which i even asked about including the service intervals, 2 of them just had the milage & date written down & no stamp.  This was from a dealer too so a wasted 150 mile round trip   s:x :x s:x   The search continues .......

AmeR

My suggestion: Buy from an owner on here

Martyn

Quote from: "AmeR"My suggestion: Buy from an owner on here

I would but i`m after a fairly rare car,
Sable grey 03 onwards
Leather
A/C
Approx 50,000 miles with FSH

Also got a car i`d like to part ex, as u`d expect not to many come up for sale so it`s just a waiting game
So if anyone see`s one please let me know more pairs of eyes looking the better   s:D :D s:D  
Cheers Martyn

Anonymous

QuoteMy suggestion: Buy from an owner on here

+1. (Obviously not me, as mine are all kn*ckered!). You missed a cracking low mileage facelift sable recently.  Made just over 3 as I remember. Right time of year too.

Martyn

Got another couple of cars lined up to look at this weekend  s8-) 8-) s8-)  
One of them is silver tho with no A/C but its an 03 one owner with full toyota history & only 19,000 miles

Anonymous

Good luck Martyn.
I usually use mytextcheck for information on prospective buys. Text the reg to 86300 (cost £3.50) Its not infallible, but useful. Also, you can check the MoT history on the Yougov website.  Its all about risk reduction.

Tags: