Started by Anonymous, April 14, 2004, 20:31

Anonymous

yep that seems to be the score, however I have a samll issue to sort out with the turbo regarding boost creep at present so will be holding off on the decat until its sorted.  Decats can sometimes cause creep so dont want to add any additional possible problem areas until i've identified and sorted the present one.

markiii

you went for the ported wastegate option I take it?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

yes matey.
Creep can be caused by vacuum leaks etc as well of course.  Havnt been able to identify a leak at present but need to check the signal going to the boost gauge to ensure that it is infact creeping as it doesnt feel like the psi is rising, however the ecu will be fueling for the recorded boost regardless, so this will be another problem.

it seems like the profec is being given incorrect boosting data but that has yet to be confirmed and if correct identified where the problem is?

Anonymous

Just get a performance cat

mph

There's no substitute for a rolling road in diagnosing this sort of thing..

I had alsorts of problems with the stock wastegate actuator. Sort of worked after repacking the spring and adding a G-valve, but thought that all rather untidy and have since replaced it by a new actuator, boost seems much more settled. Strangely, the noise from the turbo is completely different now too - probably down to how it effects the wastegate movement.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Tags: