PE turbo, no IC, FI airtemp / reliability question

Started by Anonymous, April 15, 2004, 12:07

Anonymous

Thanks a lot, Ian! Great tip as always!   s:) :) s:)

DAZ400

Ian and I can thouroghly recommend going the wideband route we have found them superb. It gives you the piece of mind that your engine is getting the right amount of fuel and with it it is easy to tune yourself.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

Quote from: "DAZ400"Ian and I can thouroghly recommend going the wideband route we have found them superb. It gives you the piece of mind that your engine is getting the right amount of fuel and with it it is easy to tune yourself.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Sounds like I should go for the wideband O2 aswell  s:) :) s:)   But what do I need to do the tuning? Is it all controlled by the profec / emanage? Do I need any laptop sw? What values are good / bad? Is it ok to put the sensor into the second hole on the PE pipe? Lots of questions, but if you have the time I'd really appreciate it.   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

If you get the profec then you can have the values displayed on there but if not, the kit i have has a black box with the display on there.

You will be altering your fuel map on the e-manage and watching the values alter on the display. It replaces the first O2 sensor and the box has an narrowband output that goes back into the ECU to keep that happy.

Fuel ratio your looking for at idle and part throttle 14.8.
W.O.T on boost your aiming for 12.1 - 12.8.

Best go through this in more detail if you do decide to go wideband.

DAZ400

What we have done is replaced our NB with the WB and it comes with a stand alone digital controller & display but there is 2 outputs on the controller one is a NB output which we now connect to the ECU in place of the origional sensor. The 2nd output is a linear wideband output which we have connected to the profec so we can display the A/F ratio on the profec next to any other of the data you are displaying on the profec.

It will be possible to tune with just the profec as this is a programmer as well but we used a laptop as it is slightly easier you need 2 people one to drive one to watch the displays and make changes.

All you do is whatch the A/F and if it is rich > 12.8 take some fuel out if it is lean add some fuel.

you need to be 14.7 Stoich at cruise closed loop and no boost, under boost you want to be about 12.8.

Ian drove and I programmed which turned out to be very easy only have to change about 12 numbers that easy.   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

This is great!   s:D :D s:D   Which of the kits would suit me best? Seems there's quite a few to choose between.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

DAZ400

We bought the PLX-M300 from PLX devices.

plxdevices.com

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: