Engine light but strange codes

Started by zen200, October 11, 2011, 13:38

dcod

Go to ebay and search for 'OBD2'. There are lots of them. Take your pick.

s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

aaronjb

Late Corsa C are CANBUS, early Corsa C are not (though if it's like the Omega B, ELM323 based readers won't work as they don't support the required OBD-II protocol).
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

dcod

Quote from: "zen200"Or is this yet another obd2 ?

Sorry, misread this quote, thought it said "Or is there yet another obd2". My bad. Damn my disluxia.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

zen200

Hi all,

Quick update.

1) Garage said that my gearbox reverse crunch is a common thing and that many cars including new ones crunch into reverse gear as there is no synro on reverse. I can say that I use a brand new vauxhall astra and that also crunches into reverse gear also. So nothing is gonna be done about it. Solution is to either press clutch and wait for several seconds for flywheel to slow then put into reverse or put into 1st gear before you then put into reverse which solves it nicely.

2) I tried to use my VAG COM USB DIAGNOSTIC CABLE 409.1 OBD2 II KKL with free software that I found, but I didnt ever get it to pick up anything. So im only guessing that the cable is specific to VAG COMPLIENT and cant be used with non VAG  software.

If anyone has an other software that they know works with  OBD2 VAG usb cable then please let me know.

3) Have bald inside edge of front tyres. This is again a common thing with the standard MR2 Camber Setup.

Thanks

dcod

2.  m http://www.talktomycar.co.uk/products/i ... /mj020.htm m

You'll notice as you scroll down that you may need the USB driver as well. That may be the problem with your current software.

zen200

OK I will try that when I get home later on.

Thanks.

Wabbitkilla

Unfortunate the usb dongle isn't working ... but there must be some software out there does work!

You must be a bit over-keen getting into revers   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  , don't worry take your time and be patient.

as for;
3) Have bald inside edge of front tyres. This is again a common thing with the standard MR2 Camber Setup.

Rubbish!
On some lowered cars without adjustable topmounts this can happen - but it's rare, but I've never seen it on a standard setup.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

dcod

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Rubbish!
On some lowered cars without adjustable topmounts this can happen - but it's rare, but I've never seen it on a standard setup.

+1

I've never experienced it.

chopper

It sounds to me that you have a jap import version and the obd2 readers wont work on them you need a JOBD reader wich is very hard to find its more a software issue as the hard ware (the usb cabile) is more or less the same but there may be difrances between them

the paper clip trick works or on jap versions but not on eu versions as far as know

zen200

My car is defo uk car with one previous lady owner.

I have read other threads and dont wanna make a new one, but if what is being mentioned on this thread about the tyre wear not being a typical issue with the MR2 Roadster then I need to try and find the reason of this.

To give a bit of background.

I have had the car since March and it has nearly always made a skipping noise when being put onto full lock and reversing. Car feels like it is on a big stone and skipping. this I have read can be due to warn tyres and worse when cold. I am therefore replacing the tyres with toyo proxes in the next few weeks and will report back if it changes things.

However, I dont wanna wear through another set of new front tyres so is there a way to check shocks/top mounts/ steering etc. I would do this before I fit new tyres and see if there is something else thats the issue.

Thanks for your thoughts.

dcod

1) Make sure you put on the correct size tyres with the correct stagger.
2) Make sure you get your wheel alignment done. (This could be your problem).

I have Toyo Proxy T1Rs and all is peachy.

Post your current tyre sizes and someone should be able to tell you if they are correct.

zen200

My Tyre sizes are

Front

185 / 55 / R15  81V  Yokohama

Rear

215 / 45 / R16 86W Yokohama

I had the tracking checked and its spot on, but both front tyres have warn the inside 1/4 edge of both fronts (the rest of the tire has loads of tread left)

1. Could this have something to do with my clunking noise on full lock.
2. Could this be suspensions issues if so what should I check for ?

3. What type and size of tyres would you recommend I get if I am only changing the fronts as the rears are in very good conditions still ?
Thanks

aaronjb

1. No
2. Possibly, but first;

Did you have your camber checked or just toe?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

QuoteDamn my disluxia.

Bit off topic, but years ago I saw a sign in the gents which read Lexidysia Lures, KO!

Took me about 10 years to work it out.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

zen200

Quote from: "aaronjb"1. No
2. Possibly, but first;

Did you have your camber checked or just toe?

I had the toe I think.... Is the camber adjustable then ?

zen200

I have read threads on the net and im sure on here that people said that old warn tyres make the car skip, clunk on full lock in reverse. They said that its due to the tyres. Then when they put new tyres on it stop the issue ?

Tags: