Winter Preperation

Started by Anonymous, October 20, 2011, 18:08

Anonymous

Hi guys,

I am about to embark on my first winter with Mr. 2 and looking for some tips and advice.

I have a soft top too but I am thinking about getting a hard top fitted- how pragmatic would this be and this be money well spent? How much damage would this England winters do to the soft top?

Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks lads

Jamie

devil-ish

Can only say we had our roadster with soft top through nine winters without problem!
love the wide open spaces with my top off!!!!!!  ex Owner of Celica VVTLi 190 and Aygo Special Edition Black now proud owner of IQ2 Silver, Driver of Roadster.......

MelBee42

Not lived through a winter in the '2 yet but my last car also had a soft top. It was on the drive, not garaged, through winter, no damage/effect at all.

dcod

Quote from: "devil-ish"Can only say we had our roadster with soft top through nine winters without problem!

+1 (10 winters)

The only damage that has been done to my roof is putting it up and down in winter when the canvas hasn't been warmed by the sun. It needs to be warmed or isn't very pliable.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

mrzwei

+1 about the temperature, you need it warm and to be very gentle and ease it down   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:   5 years with no problems.
I parked on the north side of a building so did get some problems with mould on the headlining.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Tags: