broken locker door

Started by Anonymous, April 15, 2004, 22:59

Anonymous

Was putting some shopping into the drivers side locker bin, had quite a lot so had to use a bit of force to shut it and the locker door completely snapped off!   s:x :x s:x   thought it was on a hinge but had a look and its just cheap folding plastic at the bottom and has cleanly snapped off.

Does anyone know how much these are from toyota? and can i transfer my old lock onto the new door so i wont need an additional key?

Also, if they are quite expensive (for what they actually are - cheap plastic) does anyone know of a breakers that has an MR2 i can have the locker door off? doesn't JAPGT300 import and break MRS'?

Tem

You can make the new lock work with your keys...

Search came up with this:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2441 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

GSB

I've looked at this in the past, and decided that the locker door hinges are crap, and destined to break at some point in the not to distant future. I alos know that they are outrageously expensive from Toyota, so my plan of action when they do go is to utilise this stuff:

Continuous Piano Hinge from RS Componenets

It comes in 1 metre lengths, and once drilled and screwed or rivited to the original doorswith black fasteners, these will last about 100 times longer than the stock hinges.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

link not working for me mate, keep getting 'session times out'

Tem

Quote from: "Tomr2"link not working for me mate, keep getting 'session times out'

It worked a while ago...probably when GSB was still logged in or something...

They looked like a "normal" piano hinges though, like this:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

looks like a good solution, how would i attatch them to the door? glue?

GSB

go to  w www.rswww.com w  and search for "continuous piano hinges"

As for fixing. Personally I'd drill one side to accept the 3 bolts in the luggage tray, and then drill theother side and attatch it to the door with anodised black pop rivets or small anodised bolts.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

DAZ400

They are £80 from Mr T and I bought a replacement from Hills salvage for £20 they did have 3 for salvage so may be worth a call.

Also the the lock & handle just unscrew with 2 screws so are easily swapped over.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

£80?!?! that is RIDICULOUS for what they are. cheers mate, probly give them a ring next week

Tags: