Brake Disc question

Started by Anonymous, April 16, 2004, 09:54

Anonymous

Hi all,

Just a short question.  Is the stock front brake disc and stock rear brake disc interchangable?  

I will upgrade the front brake disc.  Seems the stock rear brake disc is much more rusty than the front one, maybe I can swap away the rear one.

Thanks all.

Kevin

GSB

No. Fronts and rears are different sizes.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

mph

Quote from: "chhokevin"I will upgrade the front brake disc.
Why???? Upgrade the pads maybe, but there's nothing wrong with the brake system!
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Why I upgrade the brake disc?

The brake disc is quite rusty when I bought this 2nd hand MR-S.  
The rust on the disc surface cannot be removed even after few months of driving.  Some ppl warned me to be careful about the brake.  He said normal rust can be removed after driving and braking.  If the rust last for couple months and is still there, it cannot be removed anymore.

I don't know if my decision is right or wrong.

Anonymous

Ah, you mean replace the brake discs.

mph

Thanks for the clarification. There's a world of difference between 'replace' and 'upgrade'. Your information is correct: if the surface doesn't appear even and regular after a pad bed or re-bed process, then it's not likely to get any better with time.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Ah... sorry for the misleading "replace" or "upgrade".

In my case, it should be "replace+upgrade" because I will use Endless brake disc instead of the Toyota stock.  Endless is an Japan "Mod" company specialized in braking system.

Tem

Quote from: "mph"Upgrade the pads maybe, but there's nothing wrong with the brake system!

Well...there is...rust  s:? :? s:?

I've been meaning to "upgrade" the discs to get rid of it. Probably won't make any difference in performance, but should make a major difference in appearance  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: