Ikrana's APR widebody goes K-Swap

Started by Ikrana, October 27, 2011, 11:46

Ikrana

Ok so here is a small update for my build, I have done quite alot to the car latly but nothing
so big so it is of interest of taking pics of it, but here are some new parts that I am going to use fpr the new setup.

First a Oddessey PC680 battery weight only 7kg  s:) :) s:)

the a Oilfilter relocater (the filter is to close to the manifold )
and a new oilfilter holder with 4 -AN 10 fittings for engine and oilcooler and the 1 port for oilpress and oiltemp.

Bigger update on the engine as soon as possible  s:D :D s:D

aaronjb

I was about to ask how on earth the oil filter was close to the manifold ... and then I remembered we're talking about a K20 not 1ZZ. Apparently work has broken my brain  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Quote from: "Ikrana"for the ones who wonder, the manifold is fullstainless and TIG welded  s:) :) s:)

It's a work of art  s:) :) s:)  Don't suppose you could knock up a nice set of TIG'd equal length headers for a V8?  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Ikrana

Haha yup is a K20  s:P :P s:P  
the manifold is about 3 to 4 cm away from the filter and I don't want it to heat up the oil.
and also by chaging its location it will be easy to changs etc, and also it looks nice  s:D :D s:D

as far as building another manifold, I think I have to much work with my car for the moment if I want to get it ready for the summer,

Ikrana

Ok so I don't have anything speciall to show as for now but I want to share one more engne pic that I took some days ago, new on this picture is the aftermarket Fuelrail and then made a new right side engine mount! this is not done yet as it needs some sanding and a polish , but the most important thing is that this is far more stable and strong the the first one  s:D :D s:D

Ilogik

Man what i like about you is when you say your going to do something, you get it done instead of say i'm doing this this and this lol. 10/10 love this car.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Ikrana

Quote from: "Ilogik"Man what i like about you is when you say your going to do something, you get it done instead of say i'm doing this this and this lol. 10/10 love this car.

Thanks !!!
well I guess, if you don't mean the things you say than why say nothing at all  s:D :D s:D
 it has taking me some time to get here with my spyder, but I am enjoying it so much!

come to think of it! are you buying back you moncraft spyder Ilogik ?? it is such a nice spyder!

Ilogik

Quote from: "Ikrana"
Quote from: "Ilogik"Man what i like about you is when you say your going to do something, you get it done instead of say i'm doing this this and this lol. 10/10 love this car.

Thanks !!!
well I guess, if you don't mean the things you say than why say nothing at all  s:D :D s:D
 it has taking me some time to get here with my spyder, but I am enjoying it so much!

come to think of it! are you buying back you moncraft spyder Ilogik ?? it is such a nice spyder!

I had been offered it back at a v good deal haha, but with all the ice/snow speed bumps i quite like having my tt.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Ikrana

So now finally I got my Photobucket to work, so here is the pics that i did promise!
just took like forever  s:) :) s:)

the photos is not of the best quallity but better ones will come in the future, so here we go!

New parts for the build,
Honda Kpro and Custom axels from DSS.

I just had too buy the new parts from Battleversion, still waithing for the Flca's. great quallity parts!!!

Here everything is starting to fall in to place,

Car looks so badass with the koyo relocated.

I had to build a new crashbar to go with my new custom center exhaust.

shot from the rear.

new bracing, spal fans, relocated battery etc upfront.

I also to my time to build a custom carbon center consol, nothing special but i think it look clean?!

Soo thats all for now, i am still working on the vids. i guess i have to upload it in youtube first ?

hope you like it !

scottish_turbo

Looks very nice! Who manufactures that back box for your custom exhaust? I have been looking for one similar to that for a custom exhaust I am collecting parts for.

Ikrana

Quote from: "scottish_turbo"Looks very nice! Who manufactures that back box for your custom exhaust?

Hi, the Exhaust damper is from Vibrant.

scottish_turbo

Thank you.

Ikrana

Long time since last update, the last summer was great and this winter I have spent alot of time in the garage changing alot of stuff.
the engine is getting supercharged with a mpx90 charger, did strip the interior and weald in a 6p cage.
here is a pic of the new easy access to the engine interior.

chris3boro

What a project. Pics pics pics

nialllol

Any more updates?

Ikrana

Here you have some of the pics taken this winter, i did start the car 2 days ago, and the things left is complete the new exhaust and refitt the bumpers, i have some pics so will upload them,

Almost forgot about this tread as there is so few comments :/

scottish_turbo

This car just gets better and better. The quality of craftmanship looks second to none. You must be very proud of how far you have taken this car.

nialllol

Holy crap that is eeeeepic :p. Was the a lot of messing about to fit thw super charger and new engine? Or was it a case of weld in the Honda engine mounts and crack on with it?

Ikrana

Well the sc was easy to fit on the engine,
the hardest part was rebuilding a new firewall and make it fit just right, also when i rebuild the firewall i also took the chance to make a easy access port from inside the  scock cock scock pit, so now i can work on the frontside of the engine from inside the car  s:) :) s:)

nialllol

Aahhhh very nice silly question but how did you go about making a new firewall?

nocoolname

What material did you use to make the new interior door panels and how are they attached?

Ikrana

Quote from: "nialllol"Aahhhh very nice silly question but how did you go about making a new firewall?

the firewall was just messured and the cut, i after that i had to test fit the engine and supercharger so everything would clear, the i just teameplated the new parts and wealded it all up.

Ikrana

Quote from: "nocoolname"What material did you use to make the new interior door panels and how are they attached?

the doorcard are made of 1mm thick aluminum, then wraped in carbon, i might redo them in real carbon after the season.
they are bolted to the door. i will take a better picture of it for you.

Ikrana

this will be the rearbrake setup after the season, willwood discs for the rear 290x22 and 4 pot cutrom calipers with integrated handbrake.
custom bells and mounting has to be fabricated.

this is how the car looks now with, bad pic i know, new color on the wheels  s:P :P s:P

Building a new custom 3" exhaust  s:) :) s:)

and a quick look at the interior.  carpet has been removed along with a pillars roof trim. ac,heater. ( will install a small racecar heater) wires etc etc.

nialllol

The things I would do to own this car would be illegal lol

shnazzle

Just caught wind of this thread...wow.
I'm impressed! Hard to imagine the little 2 can handle this much violent and brute power
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: