Ikrana's APR widebody goes K-Swap

Started by Ikrana, October 27, 2011, 11:46

Ikrana

From Japan VS Germany At Ring Knutstorp.
picture taken by HH/Photo look them up on Facebook  s:) :) s:)

jonty

The latest work looks insanely good Ikrana!

Are you still looking to return to stock(ish) body?

Ikrana

Quote from: "jonty"The latest work looks insanely good Ikrana!

Are you still looking to return to stock(ish) body?

Thanks  s:) :) s:)

Well its a very hard decission :/

I really love the wide stance, but the car has been looking kind of like this for 6 years now so maybe thats why i want to build a new exterior?

I am having some plans building on oem body panels, with but with overfenders, keeping the hood and aero bits and see how it all turns out,

My friends tell me i am insane if doing so but i guess bye time i have started to enjoy the oem body more and more  s:) :) s:)  
Only time can tell how things will turn out.  s:D :D s:D

jonty

I think stock does look good, and it could look awesome with over fenders -or in my opinion even better- would be to flare the stock arches really aggressively so they look like they could have come from the factory like it, but actually are about 50mm wider per side than normal  s:D :D s:D

Ikrana

Quote from: "jonty"I think stock does look good, and it could look awesome with over fenders -or in my opinion even better- would be to flare the stock arches really aggressively so they look like they could have come from the factory like it, but actually are about 50mm wider per side than normal  s:D :D s:D

Yeah! To flare them to the max would be real nice also  s:) :) s:)  
I will start the bild in september again, starting with the rear brakes and some minor stuff, then i will decide on what to do with the body  s:) :) s:)

jonty

sounds good, there will be plenty of people here waiting to see the latest incarnation!

Anonymous

Ikrana - your car is absolutely epic!

Please keep updating us with all the progress you do...

One thing i think you are missing..

LEDs !

But i seriously think you should come over and visit us sometime in your BEAST of a car!!

Ikrana

Hope to do some more updates soon, not alot has happen since last winter, but i have some more things on order and i will soon start a big makeover  s:) :) s:)

chris3boro

Look forward to the update.

Do you have power/torque figures?

swampy_donkey

One word - wow!
K&N panel filter - Markiii Pipe - TRD Style Bar - Chrome Filler Cap - Hard Top - Clear Side Indicators - Visor Plugs - Dev\'s Keyhole Covers - Silver Callipers - Pioneer DEH-4400BT + CD-SR110 - Red Leather Interior - Red footwell LEDs - Mud Flaps - Custom fit luggage - OBDII reader

roadster_love

This is pure beauty!

Fantastic work!

godspeed

What spoiler is that?

Also can you show a close up of your bonnet, it looks awesome.

Stifler

Your car looks very cool, has it ever been on Speedhunters?  Seems like the type of thing they might be interested in!  Apologies if it already has - keep up the good work  s:) :) s:)

Ikrana

Quote from: "godspeed"What spoiler is that?

Also can you show a close up of your bonnet, it looks awesome.

The rear spoiler is a APR GTC300 airfoil on custom chassi mounted stands,
I will try to remember to take a better pic of the hood, its a carbon monocraft gt300.

Ikrana

Quote from: "Stifler"Your car looks very cool, has it ever been on Speedhunters?  Seems like the type of thing they might be interested in!  Apologies if it already has - keep up the good work  s:) :) s:)

It was feutured on Speedhunter about a year ago, photo taken by Dino,

Stifler

Quote from: "Ikrana"
Quote from: "Stifler"Your car looks very cool, has it ever been on Speedhunters?  Seems like the type of thing they might be interested in!  Apologies if it already has - keep up the good work  s:) :) s:)

Awesome! I'll go and see if I can find the article  s:) :) s:)

lars_mrs

Quote from: "Ikrana"

cant find it  s:) :) s:)  link pleas?

and by the way, this is the best looking mr-s I have ever seen,
2000 toyota mr-s turbo trackday spec

Ikrana

Lars
You are more then welcome to come and have a look at the car irl  s:) :) s:)

Ikrana

I will start my rearbrake build this weekend,
just need my Ap calipers and pads, I was told they should arrive by friday  s:D :D s:D

but the Ap discs and bells are in !

Ikrana

just a tease on what is about to happen  s:) :) s:)

Lighter car/lighter wheels/R-compound and more aero.

dj2k21

Looking good pal. What wheels are you going for this time. They look a little like TE37 to me  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

s12vea

Now that's a big rear spoiler!!

Love those wheels  s:) :) s:)
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

simers

The size of the spoiler!!!! Car is gonna look nuts... Good luck with build...
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

Ikrana

thanks guys !

the spoiler is a APR performance gtc300 67" airfoil on custom stands.

the wheels are Rays Volk Te37.

Anonymous

Can I ask something...

By raising the spoiler that high - does it produce more downforce? I dont mind a big and tall spoiler but that is something else

Rich

Tags: