RPM LEVELS HIGH?

Started by Anonymous, April 16, 2004, 18:27

Anonymous

Hey everybody, I just got an 03 spyder. I havent had a stick since my 85' accord. Anyways when Im doing like 80mph my rpm levels are at 4.. Is that high for only 80mph? I remember doing an 80 in my accord and the rpm levels were at 3..thanks

MRMike

I Suppose a lot depends on what gear its in.  Mine would probably do 4000rpm at 80 in 5th.  Is yours doing 4k in 6th?
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Yea im in 5th gear which is the highest gear. 6th is reverse for me

Anonymous

I always found 6th gear 80mph (on the clock) was just over 3.5k revs

Anonymous

Yeah, 5th at 80 is around 4K.

Anonymous

Okgreat  I was just a little worried. I figured it was Ok cause its a 4cy engine. SO heres another ques. What mods do you recommend for increased performance that arent excessive in price. Also I def want a rollbar and spoiler but Im not sure where to get any online. Any recommendations?

Anonymous

Search the forum using the button at the top of the page. You should find info on all your questions as they have already been covered.

Anonymous

I presume you're in the USA from the Location in your profile being stated as NJ. If that's the case then it may well be better to look at Spyderchat.com since any mods recommended are likely to be more readily available in the states eg Team Moon exhaust seems to be the preferred choice over the pond but here it tends to be a majority of H&S twin or TTE although Apexi seems to be the choice for CAI whichever side you look to.

mph

US cars in general have larger engines or/and designed as low-revving / high-torque power units - all designed to be optimal for those long freeways. Admittedly the 1ZZ-FE engine isn't all that high-revving, relative to some other Euro/Japanese engines, but the gearing, especially in the US variants is designed to maximize the full range of the rev range.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Tags: