squeaky clutch pedal assembley

Started by nimrod, November 24, 2011, 13:16

nimrod

Thanks for all your advise,all quiet for now,I was convinced the noise was coming from the clutch pedal assembly.

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "nimrod"Thanks for all your advise,all quiet for now,I was convinced the noise was coming from the clutch pedal assembly.

It is quite weird the way the noise travels along the pipe, glad it's going well now   s:D :D s:D
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

MisterK

Noticed mine started squeaking a couple of months ago but only when depressing the clutch first time before starting the car first thing in the morning - haven't really noticed it when on the move & when the engine is running.  Definitely sounds as though it's from the pedal area but if the majority feel its from the bell housing & the sound travels to the pedal area then who am I to disagree (isn't that part of an Annie Lennox song?).  Anyway, I can live with it for the time being - let's hope it doesn't get any worse.
MarkK
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

nimrod

Best to operate the clutch with someone behind the car,I was lucky because I work in a college and they have car lifts and no students,makes life so much easier to take off the engine tray and gain access to the pivot pin, sprayed white grease on pivot through the breather vent,fixed under tray back lowered car tried the clutch and bugger the squeak was still there,raised the car left the tray and put my hand through the slotted part moved the whole boot stuck my finger in hole with high melting point grease on it and I could actually feel the pivot pin,lowered car tried the clutch all quiet,if it happens again thats the way to do it ,yipee.

no1trancefan

sorry to resurrect, but is this easily accessible with the undertray off?

nimrod

Yes, but you probably have to lay on your back, I was lucky being able to use the lift at work, it was easier than I thought, I believe you have to be careful not to get grease on the clutch plates, good luck, it's a relief when the squeaks gone, touch wood, mine has been fine ever since.

no1trancefan

Oh cool will get under, is it easy to accidentally grease the clutch plates doin this fix? hopefully not

nimrod

I,m not to sure, I was trying just to spray grease at the fork pivot, had more control when I had a blob of grease on my finger, not to sure how close the clutch plates are to the pivot fork?

Tags: