Markiii pipe?

Started by Zonda_, November 25, 2011, 12:09

Zonda_

I've been reading results of various searches and these seem well recommended, trouble is I can't find out where sells them!  My MR2 is going to get rolling roaded on Wednesday, it doesn't seem to be pulling cleanly through the rev range and I think it's the result of the induction kit that's on it at the moment, I've no idea what make it is but it doesn't look up to the quality of previous K&N and Apexi items I've used.  It does make a hell of a nice noise under load though and I'd like to retain that!
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

uktotty

Markiii sells the Markiii pipe, you could PM him

markiii

these are only made in batchs when we have a GB with enough people

last time I think we ran with 15 people.

However it took 18 months klast time due to people messing me around.

Your best bet at present is someone selling a second hand one. Failing that if you can get 15 interested people I'll see what I can do
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Zonda_

Ah I see, can you point me in the direction of any info on them, I'll see about putting a wanted ad up.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

FGrob

Quote from: "Zonda_"Ah I see, can you point me in the direction of any info on them, I'll see about putting a wanted ad up.
Yep I've got the Markiii pipe fitted, along with the standard air box fitted with a K & N panel filter, by far the cheapest mod for getting the most out of the induction system but does not give you a great deal of noise. There are some pic's in my garage so you get an idea of what it does and where it fits, the thing is an induction system is not going to do a great deal on it's own, you've got to put a few combinations together to get the best benefit but then again that's restricted by how much you want to spend.

Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

dj2k21

I've gone with a carbon air box and cold feed from car builder solutions, it's basically the exact same as the BMC one but about a quarter of the price, as your only in salt burn your welcome to see my induction system  if your ever round Stockton or Middlesbrough area mate.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Zonda_

Cheers, how much did it cost you please?

FGrob

Quote from: "Zonda_"Cheers, how much did it cost you please?
Just a word of warning, we have seen home build type set-ups being intalled on the 2's before which have not exactly worked, positioning of the MAF is very important as a member recently discovered, especially if you are running a standard ECU.

Rob
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Zonda_

I'm stuck what to do, I'm fairly sure the system that's on is crap but I don't have the original airbox etc to put it back on.

FGrob

Quote from: "Zonda_"I'm stuck what to do, I'm fairly sure the system that's on is crap but I don't have the original airbox etc to put it back on.
What you have described in your first post is typical of badly positioned MAF. I'm sure D*ckski can sort you something out for you, a standard set-up that is. Don't get me wrong there are some good system out there but they are not cheap.

Rob.

Zonda_

I've sent him a text.

Tags: