Rear Screen Demist

Started by 2 of the left, November 26, 2011, 23:27

2 of the left

Due to the season we're in at present I'm finding that when trying to de-fog/demist the rear screen the offside part of the glass clears after a half mile of travel but the rest stays fogged until the the heater has been blowing for a further 2 miles - Is this a common occurrence?
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Anonymous

You might find treating it with RaineX reduces the misting.

2 of the left

Ah yes - I'll try that - but me thinks I'd better be careful rain-x is petroleum based and may rot the stitching

Treboeth

Quote from: "dick2ski"You might find treating it with RaineX reduces the misting.

D!ck be straight and post about raineX in the commercials as I reckon you are on commission for them (second recommendation today  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  )
Only joking honest  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

2 of the left

I've had re-think on Rain-X - Surely that stuff is to be used outside and not inside?

Anonymous

Just try it-on the glass, not the roof! No commission, though Im open to offers!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

markiii

Rainx make a product to encourage beading on the outside

and have a seperate productr for preventing fogging on the inside

different products
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Different bottles!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Steve Green

Same basic function though. Best thing ever, if you want to see out of your windows.

Can I have my percentage please?
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

Anonymous

If you shop at ASDA, take a look at the low cal lemonade, 52p per 2 litre bottle. Good value!
Then look at the Smart Price lemonade at 17p Now check how many Kcalories in each. Yes, youve guessed it, 2.
Same stuff, different label, 66% price variation.

Theres your % Steve!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "2 of the left"Due to the season we're in at present I'm finding that when trying to de-fog/demist the rear screen the offside part of the glass clears after a half mile of travel but the rest stays fogged until the the heater has been blowing for a further 2 miles - Is this a common occurrence?

Does your electric demister work? Could have been unplugged for hardtop and not plugged back in? Have you checked your drains are not blocked as you could have water/damp hanging around near the rear window?

2 of the left

I've checked the demist lead connections - nothing amiss there but I'll check out the drains for blockage as well as looking for my old bottle of Rain-X. Cheers!!

Anonymous

QuoteI've checked the demist lead connections

Doesnt mean the electrickery is getting to the element though. Worth putting a meter over it. Have a good look at where the leads are contacting the screen,as they can become detached. A good sign all is ok is to breath on the screen after cleaning it to see if you get the classic stipes.

Anonymous

Or feel if it gets warm.

Tags: