PCV Valve. Cure for Misfire ?

Started by Toplesscouple, December 3, 2011, 09:02

Carolyn

Ah - acromyms, my pet hate.
Positive Crank-case Ventilation valve.  Only opens when air pressure in the engine reaches a certain level.  It is spring-loaded and the spring tension is vital to prevent extra air getting into your inlet system.  According to my investigations, they are good for 30 - 40,000 miles before the spring starts to go off.  Misfire is one symptom.  An occasional puff of blue smoke when getting back on the throttle after slowing down on the gears, is another.
Pulling the pipe off will make your engine run like a sick dog.
I know of no good way to test the little blighters, except to measure spring tension, and who's got the kit to do that?
If in doubt treat your baby to a new one.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Justin.D

Quote from: "Carolyn"Ah - acromyms, my pet hate.
Positive Crank-case Ventilation valve.  Only opens when air pressure in the engine reaches a certain level.  It is spring-loaded and the spring tension is vital to prevent extra air getting into your inlet system.  According to my investigations, they are good for 30 - 40,000 miles before the spring starts to go off.  Misfire is one symptom.  An occasional puff of blue smoke when getting back on the throttle after slowing down on the gears, is another.
Pulling the pipe off will make your engine run like a sick dog.
I know of no good way to test the little blighters, except to measure spring tension, and who's got the kit to do that?
If in doubt treat your baby to a new one.
Thanks Carolyn. We all know sick dogs can't run  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I'll get one ordered from TCB - they seem to be a good price
Click for my Readers Ride

shnazzle

Probably worth making this a bulk order to be honest. Almost everybody is over 50k miles on here so it's worth changing as a matter of course.. For the sake of 19 quid...

Can we get a bulk deal Paul? If so, what numbers are we talking?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
...neutiquam erro.

wotugonado

Just seen the price your getting these for, typical I just paid £30.00 for mine. For £19 it's a no brainer.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Tags: