Bournemouth Girl in need of assistance!

Started by Vikface, December 10, 2011, 20:36

Vikface

2001 MR2 Roadster, Yellow, Black Leather, Air Con, 75k Mileage, Pre cats not yet gutted but will do ASAP..Dev\'s keyhole covers, JDM Front badge and steering wheel Badge (last two not fitted yet) Only had her since Nov 11 so still learning.

Vikface

2001 MR2 Roadster, Yellow, Black Leather, Air Con, 75k Mileage, Pre cats not yet gutted but will do ASAP..Dev\'s keyhole covers, JDM Front badge and steering wheel Badge (last two not fitted yet) Only had her since Nov 11 so still learning.

StuC

Quote from: "Vikface"

Wow... that is bright and it's not even sunny!!!   s:D :D s:D  

Looks great   s:D :D s:D
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Vikface

Next question... Front Midship badge... what colour (on what colour) does everyone think would look best on my baby?
Cheers

s12vea

Red would look nice.
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

ekimq

Only colour for yellow is black (IMHO) and they're easily obtained from Mr. T
Mike
The sun is out, get your top off!

Bernie

Black to blend with seats & hood
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

nathanMR2

Black gets my vote too. Available for MrT which also makes life easier  s:) :) s:)
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

Quote from: "ekimq"Only colour for yellow is black (IMHO) and they're easily obtained from Mr. T

You could do with taking that MR2 badge off the TTE spoiler too ekimq,that was the only thing I could fault with that car(jealous I didnt buy it   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  ).

ekimq

Quote from: "life of bryan"
Quote from: "ekimq"Only colour for yellow is black (IMHO) and they're easily obtained from Mr. T

You could do with taking that MR2 badge off the TTE spoiler too ekimq,that was the only thing I could fault with that car(jealous I didnt buy it   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  ).

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I already did...

..and then I found out why it was there. I now have a touchup kit but need some time to fix it up properly..

Hopefully I'll post up some pictures before Christmas.
Mike
The sun is out, get your top off!

Vikface

Ok, thanks for help everyone.... Black Emblem on way, yellow horn MR sticker thing too, all four vents cleaned and the condensation is much better and getting better all the time (the de-humidifier pack I think is working, but I'll also chuck some silica gel packs around too).. but problem is how to get the side vents back on. One is mostly on bar the middle 'peg' and the surround just bends when I try to push it hard and the other one - no chance!
Still need to get Pre Cats done, but dont know where to start  s:-( :-( s:-(

And I would really like to see another pre-facelift one so I can compare... is there anyone local (ish) to me to help me please  :-) :-) :-)   Thank you

SteveJ

I'm in Gillingham (between Shaftesbury & Mere) and might be heading down to Bournemouth on Saturday (depending on the weather I might be in sensible car though)

deadmau5

Black without a doubt

Vikface

Black on way  :-) :-) :-)

Gonna fiddle with her again this weekend - all be it weather is ok(ish), see if I can get these bloody side vents back on!
Clean and hoover her, get the Toyota badge off the front, put my new mats in... and just generally tinker with her. Plus if my key hole covers have arrived, I fit those too   s:D :D s:D  
I have thought about replacing the side vents with facelift ones but cant respray them myself so might put my name on the list at the local vehicle dismantlers to see if any +03 ones come in.

Vikface

OK, Devs key holes cover on and dont they look grand   s:D :D s:D   New yellow and black gaiter for Xmas but I think I need a 90 degree screwdriver as I dont feel capable of removing seats. Been looking around for a new gear knob too...
Got a load of Autoglym stuff as well so have already done roof but it needs the stuff Liz said about, which is on order... lucky for me, the car is low enough for me to reach the roof! Haha  :-) :-) :-)
Ive cleaned the roof and air invent out and cut a V in the flap.. oh and Ive a few of those dehumidifying packets on the go as well!   s8) 8) s8)  

I finally managed to get the side vents back on.... after learning the white plugs go in the vent, not the vent onto them! Trouble is now, Im eyeing up some colour coded ones from CTP on here.. but can I really justify spending £130 on some un-needed plastic bits for my car?! Haha
The chance of finding some yellow ones are very slim but I think if I did get them, then it would have to be a secret!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I must have read about 80% of this and have learnt so much... but I still have so many questions...  
Such as...
My engine hood seems to be a different colour from the rest of the car, I can understand why the plastic spoiler (what sort is it please?) is discoloured but this is metal?! Any suggestions please..

And I cannot find my rear fog light!   s:? :? s:?   Its not by my drivers dash and the auto lock windows... Pics to follow

Please help!   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

mrzwei

Quote from: "Vikface"My engine hood seems to be a different colour from the rest of the car, I can understand why the plastic spoiler (what sort is it please?) is discoloured but this is metal?! Any suggestions please.

Assuming that the hood (they won't like that word on here   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) is the same colour as the spoiler then they could have been swapped at the same time from another car.
When the spoiler was fitted then maybe the owner sprayed the hood as well. Just guessing really, there is no history of hood discolouration that I can think of on here.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

2 of the left

Rear fog switch is on your lights switch arm - inner spindle!!
With regard to bonnet's faded colour - check your Vin plate for colour code and then take motor to a body shop and get respray - Did you try Back to Black on your Spoiler?
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Roadwarrior

If you have a manual it will show with graphics. You should see the fog light symbol on the lever. Hope this helps.  s:) :) s:)

Vikface

Quote from: "mrzwei"Assuming that the hood (they won't like that word on here   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) is the same colour as the spoiler then they could have been swapped at the same time from another car.
When the spoiler was fitted then maybe the owner sprayed the hood as well. Just guessing really, there is no history of hood discolouration that I can think of on here.

They all seem to be different colours than the main body. I spoke to the girl that had it before who said she got it put on from new... she also didnt know anything about the Precats, so at 75k miles its either ok or a hidden oil burner, either way I'll be getting those naughty pre cats out ASAP and checking the oil regularly.

Vikface

Quote from: "2 of the left"Rear fog switch is on your lights switch arm - inner spindle!!
With regard to bonnet's faded colour - check your Vin plate for colour code and then take motor to a body shop and get respray - Did you try Back to Black on your Spoiler?

Thank you! God I'm a numpty!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  I'd looked on here and most peoples seem to be to the left or right of the wheel.
I think a respray would cost a forture so thats not an option really   s:( :( s:(   And re the 'back to black' would any of the Autogylm products do it? (Rubber and vinyl care etc) Thankyou

Roadwarrior

Autoglym paint renovator. Try this, about £10 a bottle.

Vikface

I still get condensation inside, normally after its been left warm inside so I try to let all the hot air out before I get out.

I was not very chuffed when, after only having it a couple of weeks, someone decided to whack my mirror (see scuff mark), since then Ive been meaning to lube them up and tuck them in.

Vikface

Thanks Roadwarrior, will do   s:D :D s:D  Autoglym must love me at the moment! haha

Vikface

I have used the Autoglym roof kit on it and will use the other Autoglym or Renovo stuff and it looks better but I'd still like it blacker.... And how safe is it to get the inside of the roof wet, only to clean it though   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

You can see how it is something VERY steamy! Its not normally the effect I have on things!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Vikface

This is the front of my bonnet, in the excitement of falling in love with her I didnt notice this when it was sold to me, but as you can see; faded like marks on the yellow and a pitted (very thin paint?) surface.
I have a black JDM emblem on way so after this ones off, how easy/possible/naff would it be to spray that bit myself? Cheers

Tags: