Lippys SP Turbo - Rear splitter arrived

Started by Lippy, December 11, 2011, 03:36

Lippy

Few little updates  s:) :) s:)

Removed the dash dimmer switch and taped up behind the dash as its never too bright (not really bright enough) and it just stays as bright as maximum, the passenger side window lock button wasnt needed either so put bullet connections on that and got rid of that too, that made 2 spaces which d1ck2ski helped me fill with some blanking plates (cheers dude).
You cant fit the standard 23mm switches in these plates without them splitting or being really flimsy so I ordered some 12mm hole versions from Ebay for £12 for 4, they have illuminated centres (red led's).
One switch kills the negative to the lighting relay and the 2nd stage accessory Ignition relay incase I ever want to turn off the lights & gauges & chargers etc... the other switch forces both relays on without the keys in the ignition  s:) :) s:)

Im waiting on a voltmeter from glowshift to fill the final hole but here is the finished dash top gauge holder

Second gauge holder construction... Its P40 fibreglass filler that holds it all in place but the circles are held perfectly in line with each other by a thin bit of plastic screwed to the top and bottom of all 3 black bits. This is being sent away to be flocked along with the headunit surround and the heater control panel but im waiting on post for some red sample colors for flocking.

Ex SP240 Owner, looking for another boosted '2

JoniiBoii

where have you gone?

Lippy

Quote from: "JoniiBoii"where have you gone?

Still here but had to move out from living with the girlfriend etc etc... its been a messy month since my last post, things are on the up now though.
Ive done some little bits inbetween but nothing worth screaming about.
My voltmeter was received and is now filling the top gauge holder hole
The piping to my boost gauge is now red silicone tubing and runs fron intake to boost controller and then to gauge  s:) :) s:)
I got my second gauge holder back today from Get Flocked, its had the cup holder fitted back in and temporarily mounted in situ below the headunit. The red looks a little out of place as it only the one thing at the moment that is that color but im sending more off on the 21st of this month (payday)
I had the rear bumper off and refitted the missing centre inserts that were off when I got the car (looks better now!)
Oh a few weeks ago I removed all the frunk plastic and found some surface rust so thats been temporarily treated to hold it at bay whilst I wait for the weather to get better so that I can repaint the whole frunk area with rust proof paint.

Chris H

You wont regret it Lippy,choosing the "2" over the girlfriend,only one winner......  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Lippy

Quote from: "Chris H"You wont regret it Lippy,choosing the "2" over the girlfriend,only one winner......  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I didnt have to chooe between the 2 lol, I wouldnt get rid of the 2 if I was asked though...

Mini update, got a bit annoyed the other day when I opened my car door parked on a slant and clipped the door bottom on the kerb :/, couldnt see a it was dark! So I had the idea of using the 2 x 50cm strips of SMD's that I bought a couple of months ago as door accent lights  s:) :) s:) , they came out a little brighter than I thought they would but all the better for puddle spotting.

I wired them up from the door pin switch to a relay so without lights or ignition on the light come on when the door is opened, but I also put in a trigger to that relay from my footwell light so that they are on when the interiour lights are on, wiring was a bit confusing but I got there in the end  s:) :) s:)

JiMR2

Love it!!!! Looks immense!

I know Nathan has something similar on his! Are the LEDs stuck on the bottom of the door trim? I assume they do not catch on the door when it shuts? Have you drilled into the trim to run a cable through to the interior lighting relay???
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Lippy

Quote from: "JiMR2"Love it!!!! Looks immense!

I know Nathan has something similar on his! Are the LEDs stuck on the bottom of the door trim? I assume they do not catch on the door when it shuts? Have you drilled into the trim to run a cable through to the interior lighting relay???

Its smd strip lights with 1mm thick 3m vhb foam tape only 2mm thick in total and it doesnt catch at all... its using the speaker cables as i uprated them to proper cables.
Its standard on some new cars but not in red.
I love them so far!
Got more just arrived in the post and doing the rear storage bins soon and will have some acrylic windows in the doors  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Il post up when done

Lippy

Well thanks to Richard @ Redline Tuning my car is currently running smoothly on the map the previous owner had done by him.
The parts i wanted before running the higher boost are in the picture below.

Here are the 3 dastek units, one of them is the piggyback, one is an electronic boost controller and the other one i have no idea about but its a dastek unit

Here is my gauges in the dark, got bored waiting for a fruend in the dark

Lippy

Its been a while since ive last been on here but I havent written off the MR2  s:) :) s:)

Currently looking into fitting a catch tank, mocal oil cooler and thermostatic plate and also trying to diagnose a poor starting problem which has come about in the last couple of weeks  s:( :( s:(  
(posted in problems section for help/moral support lol)

Ive done a few bits and pieces which I need to update but havent had the time recently unfortunately.

Lippy

poor starting seems to have sorted itself out on its own somehow... only things changed is the plugs to iridiums (problem was still there for a while) and she has had an oil change. Happy that the problem has gone !!! Ive nearly finished off paying the loan I got out to buy the car so should have loads of spare cash soon...
Im thinking on removing the front door cards completely and making some flat panel ones, using the OEM door handles but fitting 2 sets of front components  s:) :) s:)  not too sure on that yet though

Lippy

Been looking for ages to see if there is anything out there that I like body kit wise and wanted a few opinions, please be gentle...

Was thinking on this front lip with Mk1 bumper...

These side skirts

This rear lip & spoiler

uktotty

Lip looks good, but loads of work to get it to fit a MK1 bumper!!
I know you are pretty good with fibreglass though

loadswine

This style of kit is very popular in the US, lots of them have it. Side skirts always look odd to me as they rise up towards the rear arches. This stuff is very subjective, but I am not a fan of the side skirts and unless that rear wing is for some serious purpose, I wouldn't go for it. If you like it, then that's fine though.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

nathanMR2

Liking the idea of the front but id consider, reconsidering the rear and skirt options. Im with Loadswine re the skirts and the rear lip IMO looks like its been very much stuck on as an after though (even though it has  s;) ;) s;) )
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Lippy

I didnt realise the front bumper needed loads of work to fit to a mk2  s:( :( s:(  whats the issue with them? are the mounting points not in the same place nathan?

May got for flatter sideskirts tbh as im not a huge fan myself :/

I like the rear splitter but it would need to be blended in so as it looks like it came that way!!!

/rear spoiler I really like as ive not seen it before on an MR2, I know theres prob a reason for it lol

Was thinking some rota grids all round, 16's on the front and 17's on the rear would finish it off a treat and maybe some body color canards on the front bumper??

hardtop is on the shopping list too but thats a very long list above!

vinp182

It's the lip that would need work to fit a facelift bumper as the lip is designed for a pre facelift bumper
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

vinp182

Mine with TRD kit and c-one GT wing

1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2

simers

Quote from: "vinp182"Mine with TRD kit and c-one GT wing

Looks mint mate
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

uktotty

Quote from: "vinp182"It's the lip that would need work to fit a facelift bumper as the lip is designed for a pre facelift bumper
So not a MK1 at all then?

vinp182

I assume he means pre facelift not mk1. Although I could be wrong
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2

Lippy

Wow its been a while since ive been on my own thread lol.
I like the kit simmers! looks tidy!
sorry shouldnt have said mk1, im ambitious but not that far lol, I meant pre facelift bumper but Ive decided against that now!
Just ordered some C-One Side intake panels, prob going to be in black along with black wingmirrors, hardtop, windscreen surrounds and my new black headlights which il upload later tonight prob...
Tempted to get some Speed source engine mounts or the kirks ones but cant see where to buy the kirks ones from (ive searched!)
just had my yearly bonus so watch this space  s:) :) s:)

Lippy

Few bits and bobs ive done recently, nothing major but tidying up etc...
Painted the rusty mild steel manifold...

Heatwrapped the manifold and most of the tubing too

Added a little subtle color to the engine top

Sprayed the insides of the front headlights and removed the orange lenses (de-tango'd)

This is an ongoing project that I havent completed yet

Rear inserts removed and sprayed black

Tinted the 3rd breaklight surround to match the rest

Oh and a random picture of my little blower  s:) :) s:)

Ive spent quite a bit of money recently on some parts and will reveal plans shortly, when the red dials are completed, I might post a how to guide not sure yet

Lippy

Not too impressed with the state of my radiator, its not looking too healthy but im going to replace it with a thicker core aluminium one in the next couple of weeks!

I bought a genuine plastic jap import splitter a week ago, the condition was shocking, spray work was terrible but I knew this when I bought it... Im thinking I might get this sprayed in black along with some other parts that are on order (silver is the other option but seems a bit boring)

Went to a friends house the other day who has just moved into the 4th floor in a block of flats, seemed like a good opportunity for a high rise picture!

My emissions are high enough that every 3rd or 4th start of the car the engine warning light comes on with the error code P0420 (or something simular) so I bought a stainless steel M18 Lambda bolt to fill the exhaust and also an aluminium lambda sleeve to protect and keep the heat in the lambda when driving (Total cost £28)

Tags: