2012 performance plans

Started by dj2k21, January 2, 2012, 09:51

dj2k21

Just thought I would start a thread to see what other members have planned for their cars performance wise this year! Could give others some good ideas  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

dj2k21

Ok so my 2012 plans are......

Strip down the mk2 turbo box I've acquired, completely refresh it, powder coat it an obscene colour like bright purple to match my brakes,

Fit the mk2 box along with the E153 conversion kit from MWR

Turn my boost up to around 1.5 - 1.6 bar now the gearbox can take it

Full new map on the link

That's about it
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

muffdan

Just a mapping session for me. Increasing the red line to 8k, tuning the high boost curve, mapping in some fuel efficiency (runs very rich on cruise) and getting the closed loop knock and AFR tuned better now that the sensors are better placed. I might move to a stiffer suspension setup too but I'm not sure on that yet.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

vinp182

I've got some stage2 crower cams to go in and a PFC to install

It was last mapped to 216bhp with the old turbo (turbo was replaced with new)

I'm hoping to still be around the 200-250bhp mark. To be honest it's quick enough as it is so I'd like to keep things safe  s:) :) s:)
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

Anonymous

If all goes well finishes the supercharger mounts and run it around 10 psi to hopefully get around the 270 BHP mark. Get intake temp cold as poss and actually get to drive it this year

Anonymous

Buy a roadster.    s:D :D s:D

ChrisGB

May have a few ft/lbs mapped out of the midrange in the interests of transmission life. Other than that not really got enough spare cash to make any meaningful gains this year on account of having to buy a new work car.

Long term, may be considering a 2zz turbo build, but not for a year or two.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

onion86

Custom dual exit exhaust with sports cat

Buy a new AFR system

Fit the turbo to the new car and full remap  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

JoniiBoii

WOOO got some goodies today !  s:D :D s:D  chuffed!

thats a few things off my list !

Tags: