Old Magazine Article

Started by alfajerry, January 5, 2012, 17:52

alfajerry

Has anyone got a pdf, scan, or the text of an article which appeared in Evo or Top Gear or both, around 2000, comparing the MR2, Elise and VX220?
I'd appreciate a copy if possible.
Jerry

K T M Rider

(should be easier to read if you right click and save to your PC)

MODS - my apologies if the content of my post is deemed unsuitable, just trying to help out a fellow member and seemed a shame to keep this for the OP's eyes only.

Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

K T M Rider

the above test also available here:

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EVO-MAGAZINE- ... 1388wt_700 m

further Evo reading here:

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EVO-MAGAZINE- ... 1326wt_700 m

alfajerry

Brilliant Alan!
Many thanks.
All the best,
Jerry
Jerry

K T M Rider

Hmm.

Having re-read the above article the MR2 really doesn't get much of a look in, it's pretty VX - centric in content.

The other Evo issue i posted an ebay link to (March 2000 issue) is a much more MR2 focused issue and a vastly more satisfying read from our point of view, including as it does the line:

' The 111S Elise is outpointed on ability by the MR2 though'

Yes really.

Guess you'll be wanting a scan of that too then.   s:) :) s:)

HodJay

I had tried to find old EVO articles about the MR2 when I was first deciding what to get, but didn't find too much! I only started buying them on issue 80 ish I think l, so missed most of the ones it would have been in!...id love to see any other scans of anything anyone has about the MR2!  s:) :) s:)

Thanks for the one above!!!
Finished hunting for my first MR2, Any advice is still MORE than welcome!! \":D\"

alfajerry

>>Guess you'll be wanting a scan of that too then.

If you've got it!

I cleared out all my old Evos (from Issue 1!) last time we moved house.
Jerry

HodJay

Pretty please  s:D :D s:D

I can't believe anyone gets rid of car mags...I just can't do it, I started reding through all the ones I have again...so interesting! Stories about new concepts are interesting if they do get turned into cars, you can see what changes and how much of the speculation was right! The cayman being described as a baby boxster made me laugh for example..they got it totally the wrong way around!

But if there is any change of seeing that article about the MR2, I would be ever so greatfull!

J
Finished hunting for my first MR2, Any advice is still MORE than welcome!! \":D\"

K T M Rider

will scan and upload the other one in due course then.

you may have to be patient though, as I've just found out i've got alot on for the next few days.

alfajerry

>>I can't believe anyone gets rid of car mags

When you have full sets including Car back to 1980 and Evo to issue one, they take up a lot of space.
I have kept the ones with articles on cars I've actually owned, but that was before I bought the MR2.

>>you may have to be patient though

Worth the wait, Alan.
Jerry

HodJay

Ahhh yes I guess so, mine take up far too much room in my bedroom..but, I will do my best to hold onto them! If you ever need any old ones after issue 75 (have a couple missing sadly though) ill happily scan them  s:) :) s:)

I'll be happy to wait! It's worth it  s:) :) s:)

Jonny

2 of the left

Scan 'em and burn to disc or forget 'em and just get in the Roadster and DRIVE!!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

HodJay

Quote from: "2 of the left"Scan 'em and burn to disc or forget 'em and just get in the Roadster and DRIVE!!!

s:P :P s:P

K T M Rider

If anyone else is able and willing to sort out a scan of the march 2000 issue, please do.

Life has taken over in a big way this weekend

Stifler

Had them all, the only one I miss owning is the MR2  s:) :) s:)

Elise is very very very close behind though!

danrem

Have you all seen this link? There are some good articles in here

m http://www.megaboost.co.uk/old/pics/mr2 ... ticles.htm m

Edited..... sorry for some reason only the front page of the artcle works.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  I thought I could make my 1st post a positive one at least!

alfajerry

Good try Dan.
Jerry

alfajerry

Quote from: "KTM_RIDER"will scan and upload the other one in due course then.

you may have to be patient though, as I've just found out i've got alot on for the next few days.

Any chance now, Alan?
Jerry

K T M Rider

Quote from: "KTM_RIDER"will scan and upload the other one in due course then.

So it turns out that 'in due course' = about two months   s:) :) s:)  , but then due to life events I've no idea where January went.

If you enjoy reading the following (and why wouldn't you, given that the tester preferred our car to an Elise & describes the Boxster as having a chassis that is merely 'every bit as willing and able' as the MR2) then you can thank Alfajerry for pestering me a little but in a nice way.   s:) :) s:)  

As before, should be easier to read if you right click the images and save them to your PC.

the above test taken from the March 2000 Evo issue, which also featured a group test of the MR2 vs MGF vs Fiat Barchetta vs MX5, which I will probably also upload eventually (but needs six scans instead of three). Needless to say the MR2 came out on top.

alfajerry

Thanks Alan, much appreciated by me and everyone else.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Jerry

woodman

interesting reads. im sure i have an article somewhere: mr2 vs mx5, which i used before i bought mine. will try to dig it out
JDM[size=85]addict[/size]

Tags: