Facelift Headlight adjustment

Started by alfajerry, January 7, 2012, 10:52

alfajerry

Does the vertical adjustment screw on the facelift headlights have very small increments?
I've turned mine about 50 'clicks' with apparently small movement.
Jerry

Kees

Each headlight has two adjustment screws.
It may be that turned the wrong one, like I did at first   s:) :) s:)  .

Kees

roger

The "proper" way to align  is to park on the level about 6' away from wall/garage door, and the spot beam should be a couple of inches lower than the height of the bulb. There are specific distances/angles etc., but i don't have these to hand.

A couple of clicks will show movement this way, but if you are doing it any other way I doubt if it will be obvious.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

alfajerry

You're right Kees, I only saw the one which takes a vertical screwdriver.
Have now found the one at the top where you use a more horizontal angle of attack.
So the top one adjusts vertical aim, and the lower one horizontal and rotation together according to spyderchat, is that correct for UK cars too, do you know?
Jerry

Kees

I am not sure about the lower one, as I did not see too much difference when I adjusted it.
It may be for adjusting the high beam.

Kees

Mike_V

Top one is for vertical adjustment and the bottom one for sideways.
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

Mike_V

Top adjustment, clockwise is up. Bottom adjuster, anti clockwise is left. Simples!!!
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

alfajerry

Mike,
I found a post on Spyderchat that said that the left/right adjuster also 'rotates' the beam so that you can get the horizontal light cut-off horizontal. Do you know if this is the case?
If it is, and the two functions are linked tight, there may be a situation where to get the L/R correct, the beam cut-off may not be horizontal.
Jerry

Tags: