A Letter from ................. JAPAN ...... Head Office !

Started by darrenjuggins, April 21, 2004, 08:47

darrenjuggins

Hi All,

thought you might be interested in reading a letter I've just received this morning from Toyota Head Office regarding my wheels.......

I took the liberty of writing to the Executive Vice President, who is responsible for Quality Control, regarding my less than perfect 1 year old wheels......

Here is the reply ...........

I now await a phone call from Toyota (GB), should be an intersting conversation, after Watchdog's show the other week regarding LandRover parts and how under the legal obligation of a company any item under 6 years old should be fit for the purpose it was intended.

If anyone didn't see it, the Land Rover Discovery had a 90p bolt that was causing £6,500 engine failures, the lawyer on the show clearly stated that Land Rover should stand the whole cost, including hire of alternative transport for a failure on it's part to ensure quality in manufacture....

(think this apply's to my wheels as well me thinks!)

Anyway, thought you might appreciate having a read of the above.

I'll keep you updated.

Cheers

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

heathstimpson

Should be interesting what they say. Just had mine replaced within the first year as well. I have also been fighting with Vauxhall over a severe clutch pulse at the biting point which my Zafira has had since new. It is now nearly three years old and they still have not sorted the issue out. It drives me mad when crawling in traffic as I have to do a lot on the M1  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   and is getting to the stage where I'm going to try and get Watchdog involved. Some car manufacturers have a shite attitude  s:!: :!: s:!:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

does this apply if your wheels are out of the 3 year warrenty then??

i also does this indicate that if people are having problems with stuff like pre-cat failure within 6 years toyota should really be footing the bill??

Anonymous

bet you dont get a phone call!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

darrenjuggins

Hi Hitman,

The story is long and detailed elsewhere in the forum.

The reason for writing to the head office is that Toyota seem to have a great customer service, but only whilst the headoffice is picking up the bill with the full warranty, it seems that the Regional areas such as (GB) are not quite so keen.

If they replace (which is the desired outcome) this will be the third set of wheels.

The car is just over three years old (had since new) but of course the currently wheels are only just about a year old, which I think is a very poor show.

Was cleaning a Audi TT at the weekend, which is owned by a girl friend, who dosen't clean cars.... it's about 4 years old, covered in brake dust and curb rubs.... but the wheel paint and laquar are still perfect..... I rest my case.

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

darrenjuggins

I'll let you know Kris   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

If you don't get any look with the small fish - go fry the big one   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Darren A. Juggins

heathstimpson

Quote from: "darrenjuggins"Was cleaning a Audi TT at the weekend, which is owned by a girl friend, who dosen't clean cars.... it's about 4 years old, covered in brake dust and curb rubs.... but the wheel paint and laquar are still perfect..... I rest my case.
Darren
I know; I have owned motors with alloys since 1990 and never had an issue before except when an offroader had two repaired after a garage wrecked them putting new tyres on and they bubbled eighteen months later. The original two and spare where still fine so it was the recoating job done by Pristine in Woburn Sands  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

how about saving some time and nerves and get some OZ racing light wheels:

a. you will live longer
b. you will drive faster
c. you will look better

btw, comparing apperance issue with wheels to 6,500gbp engine failure...hmph  s:) :) s:)

juansolo

FWIW my dealer, who have been nothing to write home about to this point, seem to have just got a shot in the arm of it's customer services.  Got a call yesterday to say that my sensor is in (faultly O2 sensor) and my new wheels have arrived after I mentioned the bubbling when I was in finding out why my ECU light was on.

Not only that, they've arranged a car for me.  Something they've been particularly crap at in the past given I work 30 miles away from them to turn up and find that the car they promised wasn't there.

I'm hoping they've turned over a new leaf.  But I'm not holding my breath either.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Tags: