Steering troubles

Started by MelBee42, January 10, 2012, 09:30

Mike_V

Keep hold of it, someone will need one.
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

no1trancefan

sorry to revive an old post if you have started getting a little whine, which some breakers said is on v low mileae for that (short of 20k) will the fix above work?

I took a small hammer, and while the pump was "spooling up" (I had a friend turn on the ignition for me) I gave it a couple of sharp taps with the hammer ON THE ALUMINIUM PUMP CASTING (not the soft steel can which surrounds the armature). This re-seats the motor shaft in the end bushings - a simple trick learned after years of rebuilding pumps and alternators.

mrzwei

May be worth posting this 'fix' in the 'how to' or 'faq' section because this is a very common problem.
It was mentioned on here before but is lost in the mass of data.
There is at least one member on here with the issue now and even if it is only a temporary fix it may only need to be repeated as and when it occurs.

Very useful post.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Tags: