Wheel Alignment

Started by ADam, January 12, 2012, 18:46

ADam

Hi

Has anyone had an alignment which was as bad as mine?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
No wonder my steering felt 'light' during motorway driving.

2 new camber bolts @ £40 each  s:? :? s:?  later:

Just want to check that this is up to Toyota specification.

Alan

roger

Fortunately,no.

But it does show that a check every year or 2 (or if things start feeling wrong) is a must.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

ADam

Quote from: "roger"Fortunately,no.

But it does show that a check every year or 2 (or if things start feeling wrong) is a must.

+1 Agreed.

Dyn-Evo

Just interested what improvement you have noticed from mis-alignment to properly -aligned wheels..?

It was bad!    s:D :D s:D  
When I had mine done, my NSR was out by about 1 degree, iirc....?
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

ADam

Just brought back the confidence on motorways and it felt much of a solid car.
None of that twitchiness.
Defintely recommend it if people are feeling less confidence with the steering on motorways.

Deadmanwalking

Quote from: "ADam"None of that twitchiness.

Hi, Can you expand on this a little please?
TOPS DOWN DRIVE THU THE NIGHT CLICK HERE] viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37365

ADam

Quote from: "Deadmanwalking"
Quote from: "ADam"None of that twitchiness.

Hi, Can you expand on this a little please?
When on the motorway, the steering would feel light, vibrate a little and really sensitive like i dont have much control, i always felt that any little movement on the steering wheel would send the car of course.

But now it feels like it has a bit of weight on the steering making it feel solid and more in control, no vibrating.

Hope you undersood this   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

ChrisGB

That initial setup would feel very sensitive to steering at speed as the front wheels are toeing out. I think Toyota specification on toe is parallel front and rear within set limits.

As a general guide, if you want a stable car, you have parallel or slight toe in front and rear.

If you want something that turns in fast at speed and resists the tail swinging wide too easily, you have toe out at the front front and parallel or slight toe in rear.

If you want stability at speed with less tendency to oversteer, you want parallel front toe in rear.

If you want super fast turn in and maximum agility at the expense of stability you run toe out front and rear.

On my setup, (R888s and turbo power) I have parallel front and 22 minutes total toe in on rear. Seems stable enough, keeps the rear tyres warmed up better than parallel rears did but has increased rear tyre wear.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Tags: