Wheres he based Vinny?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

josh279

Nathan, Belgium

Here's a link to some of his pods for the Mk2 with prices,

I reckon I might be able to beat those prices

Josh

nathanMR2

See what you can knock up then mate and give us some prices  s:) :) s:)

josh279

Bit of an update on the pillars and pods

Got all the fibreglass, gelcoat, resin and pods over the weekend.  Forgotten how much I love the smell of fibreglass.

Had a play around, best bet at the moment is for a complete replacement pillar, as 2 or 3 pod clips would be about the size of a full pillar anyway.

Don't think pods on the steering wheel cowl will work too well as they'll block the other dials and they'll have to be slimline gauges, around 20mm depth.  I will still try and have a go with this after I've done the pillars.

Been a bit too cold to fibreglass this weekend, gelcoat won't go off, as I found out today.  I've set a heater up on the ceiling in the shed now though so I'll have another go tomorrow, hopefully turn out a fullsize original pillar mould and a couple more pods, managed to get one pod to set  s:) :) s:) .  Once those are done I'll post pics, start cutting and sticking and setting up for the moulds of the finished pillars.

nathanMR2

Good work. Cant wait to see the results mate

Anonymous

Somebody asked for A pillar plastics and I cant remember who!
Anyhow Ive got some here.

josh279

It was me D!ck,

Hold on to them if you can please.  Don't know what state my pillar's going to be in when I finish taking a mould off of it, the gelcoat may attack it.

I'll give you a shout when I've finished the moulds and I know if I've destroyed it or not.

Anonymous

Throwing them to the back of the garage now.

josh279

Promised a bit more of an update with pics yesterday, but got sidelined with my tax return, grrrrrr.

Anyway got a mould of the front pillar completed and it's had 24h to gas off, so I'll be turning out a pillar to play with tomorrow/Friday   s:D :D s:D  

My pillar is hiding somewhere beneath the gelcoat, don't worry about the runs, this is only for a one off mould

Ignore the acros, that's part of my day job and what I'm meant to have been doing this week   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Mould in progress and a gelcoated mould of a pod, turns out that the packaging the pods come in are great for turning out almost instant pods

Resin, matt, resin again, more matt, more resin, last coat of matt and yet more sodding resin

What's happened today

Trimmed down and released from the pillar, that was a bugger to get off with all the backward returns, should have made a 2 piece mould really.

One completed mould, ready for gentle sanding round the edge and then about 6 coats of wax

I'll keep you updated

Mike_V

Quote from: "nathanMR2"Good work. Cant wait to see the results mate

+1
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

nathanMR2

Looks spot on so far mate.

Dibs on the first one complete  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Any idea on prices at this stage or our we too early doors?

josh279

Finished in grey gelcoat (effectively primer), ready for paint/flock CF effect, I reckon around the £40 - 45 mark, shipping and donation to club funds included.  Price will be the same for single, double and triple pod pillars.

Finished in black gelcoat,  double sided foam tape attached ready to go on car, I reckon around the £45 - £50 mark, shipping and donation to club funds included.  Price will be the same for single, double and triple pod pillars. Cost more as these will need to be polished before they go out.

Nathan, as soon as I've got one finished I'm going to bring it round to you if that's ok.  I want you're seal of approval on the quality before they start going out.

onion86

Would definitely be interested at that price, nice work  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

andyroo104

Also very interested in these!!
Andy.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

nathanMR2

I think the price is spot on mate. Ill look forward to seeing the finished product and well done for getting these knocked up so quickly.

This is something that has been needed for a long time and I think there is definitely a niche in the market for us Turbo guys.

manchestermatt1986

I had been wanted one of these for years, just for cosmetics look. Plus when i get my pfc fitted i can see what the cars doing and be aliitle more aggresive with the tuning. I had started to make my own, similar to onion. I got a spare pillar off d!ck then got a universal tripple pillar mount and had to cut and shave all three to try and sit on the pillar flush. long and annoying. Hope these pan out! Obviously some good interest in them
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

josh279

Evening all,

Been a bit busy over the last 10 or so days, decided to go back to collage, 28 years old and I'm starting again as an apprentice  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  with 9 months as a full time student.  

I'm still on the case with these pillars and now that it's warmed up a bit I'll be back at it this weekend, in the meantime I'm going to be getting on with my homework   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

nathanMR2

Ive ordered my gauges today so just waiting on you now mate  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "nathanMR2"Ive ordered my gauges today so just waiting on you now mate  s:) :) s:)

that reminds me i must order mine.

nathanMR2

Managed to get 5% off at R-spec.co.uk if your interested.

If we can get more orders there would be more of a discount

Anonymous

got a link so i can have a look cant find them on their website.

nathanMR2

Anonymous

Thanx for the link mate. But the prices I got from a guy on eBay are better and its the same gauges as they sell. £110 for 5 gauges and 1 x 3 pod and 1 x 2 pod all delivered. Cheap but do the job. Also got a ks3 knock sensor going in.

nathanMR2

That seems a good price. What type of gauges are they?

Are they steppers?

Anonymous

It don't say they stepper but they fully electronic. To be honest I think they just a Chinese version of the brand stepper motor ones. Probably find all gauges are stepper motor ones now. On that site it the white smoked gauges half way down. Also the colour led round the edge I could have instead for £6 extra. I'll pm you the eBay shop if you like.

Tags: