Gauge Pods

Started by nathanMR2, January 20, 2012, 13:08

nathanMR2

Im already committed now mate.

Be interesting to see the difference when there fitted
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Lippy

other options... placing gauges on the A pillars gets in the way especially at roundabouts.

There are companies that sell ABS plastic tripple gauge holders on ebay for about £20 but they dont blend very well but its an option
Ex SP240 Owner, looking for another boosted '2

kanujunkie

Hi folks, not on here much anymore but just found a msg from Nathan(sorry the late reply) asking if id ever found an answer to the guage pod issue. The answer is yes, i had one made by greddy, iirc it was spot on on the match to the rest of the trim, if i can find a pic ill post it up
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

kanujunkie

just noticed that the greddy ones discontinued, so unless theres one last one on a shelf somewhere it may be a no go

m http://www.nengun.com/trust-greddy/mete ... -dual-60mm m
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

josh279

Bit of an update,

As some of you may know, been a bit busy with college (not collage, I was a bit tipsy when I typed that one, brain had switched off) but I'm still on these.

Needs a bit of filling and sanding as this was the first moulding to come out with a pod on it, the face is like that as it was covered in sellotape to stop the resin dropping through the pod. The crack on the edge by the window is my fault, already fixed that and taking a mould off the pillar tomorrow, just been waiting on the resin and filler to dry.

Now I've got the shape of the pods and the pillar the two and three pod variants are the next tasks on my list.

Personally I don't think that the pods effect visibility through the screen as they're nice and low profile.  Diameter of the pod is 60mm, so will accommodate a 52mm gauge nicely.

As and when I get chance I will update the thread, but even if I'm not on here I am still sorting these out.

Josh

Lippy

They look nice! credit where credit is due!
Im interested to see how the 3 pod ones come out!
I think they would look nice flocked in dark gray or black
Ex SP240 Owner, looking for another boosted '2

nathanMR2

It would appear Josh has gone quiet on this. Hes not been on the site for a bit and he's read a PM of mine and not replied  s:( :( s:(

Im really eager to get these installed as ive fitted the senders and ran all the wires ready for the pod. Anyone any ideas?

Anonymous

I can make a mold of my triple when its done to knock you one out nath. But it would be best to have a pillar plastic to fix it to. I will say that a triple pod just fits.

nathanMR2

It appears Josh has done most the hard work and hopefully he'll give us an update soon. Just want to make sure i have a plan B just in case he's too busy.

I take it your not going to go along the route Josh has?

Slightly off topic but did you have any luck with that main beam light in the end?

Anonymous

Not to be rude with josh's work as it very good, but I can't see anyone making the pods without making it to stock plastic as you need the lugs to fix the pods to the pillar. For me I just bought a universal triple pod a screwed it to the plastic. Now just got to fill and smooth it off before covering it in fibre and either spray or cloth. As for off topic bit I did manage to sort it, just waiting on the test subject to say if it all works or not. Either way im 99% sure I got it all right.

nathanMR2

I think josh was going for something that went over the stock pillar as its a bugger to remove by all accounts. How did you get along removing yours?

I just havent got any patience. Got the gauges sitting there with no home. Just want them installed now  s:( :( s:(  

Ok keep us posted on that.

Anonymous

Just undone the roof fixing bit stiff but slow steady pressure and off it came. Then the rest just pops off towards the steering wheel

nathanMR2

I remember when i had a new windscreen fitted and the windscreen company couldnt undo them and didnt want to force it. Its been known that you can very easierly rip the thread to bits

nathanMR2

Just heard from Josh. Things are still progressing  s:) :) s:)

nathanMR2

A massive thanks to Josh for coming over today to help install and provide my pillar pod. Half hour drive over for him and as always what should have been a 5 min job turned into a 5 hour job and he was happy to stay the duration to make sure all was well. Very impressed with his craftmanship. He didnt get chance to paint it so i need to get that done and im still needing to finish extending some of the sender cables now i know how far they need to go.

Josh wouldnt accept any money for petrol and/or his time on the install so a donation will be made to the club with his agreement.

For anyone who wants one of these you will not be disappointed. It fits the as a replacement perfect. Please be careful removing the pillar bolts   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  they can round very easy (especially when autoglass had previous had a go!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  )

Pictures will follow

onion86

Awesome, very interested in seeing the finished product  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

loadswine

Glad its in there and ready Nathan. Looking forward to seeing this.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

nathanMR2

[youtube:3r5muvqr]25Yb4NICsrU[/youtube:3r5muvqr]
[youtube:3r5muvqr]9tMS-hkjyUQ[/youtube:3r5muvqr]

Mike_V

I like that  :-) :-) :-)
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

andyroo104

Very nice.
Andy.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

loadswine

Super neat! Well done mate!  s:D :D s:D
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Mike_V

Want one  :-) :-) :-)
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

nathanMR2

Cheers guys  s:) :) s:)  really pleased with them

manchestermatt1986

They look awesome, exactly what iv been aiming for. after seeing them i cant wait to get mine finished,

just wish i had a reason for a boost gauge  s:( :( s:(  

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

Tags: