Manual On Ebay

Started by alfajerry, January 23, 2012, 11:39

alfajerry

Jerry

Wabbitkilla

That's a rarity.
For info, we don't normally allow posting of ebay links (yes I know it appears sensible and helpful to other members, but it's just really to avoid people abusing the forum to make money from other members). In this case I'm tempted to let it stand as this is super rare and pretty pricey to buy from Toyota.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

ChrisGB

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"That's a rarity.
For info, we don't normally allow posting of ebay links (yes I know it appears sensible and helpful to other members, but it's just really to avoid people abusing the forum to make money from other members). In this case I'm tempted to let it stand as this is super rare and pretty pricey to buy from Toyota.

+1

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

roger

Just a note for anybody interested in bidding, it does appear to be the pre facelift since its dated 1999.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Dyn-Evo

"Mouseman987"
Co.Durham...?

Paul Woods, possibly...?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

Anonymous

Ive bid. Sure info can be distributed once copyright has been checked.

markiii

You can explain what it says but not copy it
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Could I let someone else borrow it, then send it back?

mrzwei

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"That's a rarity.

I know you will all take this the wrong way, but if you can break the rules then so can everybody else. Either you can post an ebay link or you can't. What's the problem?
Rules are rules as any fool can see (Kris Kristofe.... can't spell his name   s:D :D s:D  ).
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

markiii

Quote from: "dick2ski"Could I let someone else borrow it, then send it back?

Yep you can lend it to who you like
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

You don't see any for ages then 2 come at once!    m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-Toyota-M ... _554wt_952 m

Anonymous

Is this the same manual thats for sale in PDF format for £3.50?

markiii

one is UK, one is US, but yes there are illegal PDF copies floating about

AmeR

I'd imagine so, D!ck.

There are a few on eBay if you're prepared to pay for them to be shipped from abroad (and wait for them).

I'd suggest a better spend of your money may be on using a portable PDF device (iPad, etc) and uploading them to there.

Of course, neither I nor the club condone the purchase of said eBay PDF style £3.50 CD... (  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

markiii

personally Iad is nice to look something up when your relaxing, not so great when your covered in oil and  grit in the garage

Anonymous

Ive got a copy of the PDF, but being old fashioned I like to browse. I think it sinks in better. Dont suppose Haynes will ever do a manual?

mrzwei

I very much doubt it, I had to buy an American edition Haynes for the BMW 3 series which included additions for the Z3.
They were pretty reluctant to issue one for the Saab 9-5.

You could probably write one now though D!ck   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Anonymous

I learned alot yesterday, popping the engine into my project at Matt(performances). We were a bit baffled after a good day whipping the old motor out and spannering away to fit the new one. When it came to the four wheel alignment we couldnt get it just right. Only when we noticed that the cast iron knuckle was bent(!) and swapped it out did we get it perfect.

We were on a roll with two working away but that one issue cost us about two hours! Running lovely now though. Immense feeling of achievement, problem solving.

Matt has a lifetime of experience and watching him work was an education.

markiii

Which knuckle?

Anonymous

Near side rear.
The story from the seller was that the previous owner lived on a hill. When he came out to work one morning the car was missing. It was 50 metres down the road resting against a lamp post (Handbrake failure). The impact was through the bumper and square onto the tyre tread, pushing the wheel forwards and bending the front tiebar into an L shape. only a bumper, nsr wing and tail light were obvious when I bought it. Less obvious (till I fired it up) was the rather loud big end rattle which they tried to hide by stabbing the back of the pod to kill the CEL light.

We replaced the entire wheel station with one from Matts 29000 mile breaker and did both rear struts for balance. 35000 mile 55 reg engine in and she runs perfect.

paul Woods

Quote from: "Dyn-Evo""Mouseman987"
Co.Durham...?

Paul Woods, possibly...?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Nothing to do with me i'm afraid.

Tags: