Why Aggressive?

Started by 2 of the left, January 23, 2012, 23:05

2 of the left

I have noted quite a few posts especially on the subject of appearance that members are trying for a more aggressive look.My Question is why? Surely the Roadster  was designed and built as a Midship Runabout and not as a heavy ended power machine!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Wabbitkilla

Personal preference I guess, personally I don't like the bodtkits, spats, and skirts for the very reason you state ... they make the car look heavy.
To me it's an agile lightweight fun car.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

mrzwei

I sort of agree with the thinking behind that. The roadster is all about gokart handling, it's nothing to do with absolute power. In the spirit of Colin Chatman.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

uktotty

Who's Colin Chatman?
I think if people dont want opinions on mods then dont post a thread about it, there are cars I love, cars I hate, bits I love and bits I hate, like Nic said, it's all personal taste

evileye_wrx

But then an aggressive stance suggests handling mods. Lowered, widened, bigger wheels or tyres. All add to an aggressive look and stance and improve the handling. Therefore aggressive can be good
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

uktotty

LOL I totally got the wrong end of the stick

Bernie

It's all about different strokes for different folks.  We all love our 2's and share the info for others which is the beauty of this forum  Some like them stock untouched some want more performance.  For my personal taste I've gone more for appearance mods & minor tweeks but there is ultimately no right or wrong just personal preference.  As Russ says you post what you post & not everyone is going to like what you mod. Vivre la differance
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Ilogik

Why do you wear the clothes you wear? because you like them.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

AmeR

I hate my work clothes... Don't see why I can't wear sweatpants with my shirt and tie like a newscaster!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

It is all down to preference and it does apply to loads of different cars.

I was speaking to a guy the other day who's mates Evo got spanked my a stock looking saxo. Turned out it was a beast underneath. That was what the guy wanted. Similarly there used to be a Saxo near me with a huge kit, bucket seats etc etc, but had a bone stock 1.1 engine.

Anonymous

I dont understnd why people seem upset about others modifiying their OWN cars....?

Or am i missing the point? as above different strokes and all that jazz.

Thread is made of Loose, sorry but my two pennies.....   s:? :? s:?

onion86

I'm not into keeping cars standard as I always need something to do and want to have something I can feel is mine and not the same as all th rest; if I was keeping my '2 as it was (i.e. not putting a turbo in) then I wouldn't have quite so many bells and whistles all over it, but I would still have a bodykit because I just don't like the standard look of the front end. The main reason I went for the C-One originally is because it extends the front out by a few inches and makes the car look less squashed in my opinion. I also knew not many people had it so I'd get more of a unique look.

If I was told I could have an MR2 but I'd have to keep the interior/exterior looking standard then no matter how much I love them I'd still rather get something else.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

nathanMR2

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to add that personal touch and make your car a little unique. Should that personal touch be an aggressive look then so be it.

Ive added a fair bit to my car but I feel it hasn't lost the original roadster feel. I would say the car looks more stealth with it being black and most my other mods to suit.

Modifying the roadster is a big part of the club and I feel that it's good to see that people's creative side come out in their cars.
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

steve-m-uk

I presume it was my thread that sparked this off   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   i wanted the car to look more aggressive because as stock i think it is a bit plain, it has nice lines to it but in my opinion needs something more to make it look like a sports car. It would be a bit silly making it a sheep in wolfs clothing i agree but as mine is a turbo roadster i think it is ok to give it the looks to match it's performance. You may agree or not,that is the beauty of everyone being different,as long as your roadster is how you want then great   s:D :D s:D  enjoy it.
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

Wabbitkilla

Actually a good point Steve, I'm certainly in the camp of "If you want to make it look faster then you should give it the performance to match"

I think a good example was Perry's Veilside which had the PE Turbo fitted, Lambo Orange and all!
Whatever happened to that car?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

uktotty

I loved that Car!.

steve-m-uk

I saw one very similar at JAE , was green though, took a picture too ill see if I can find it , could it be the same car that has been painted?

Found it

Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

onion86

Quote from: "steve-m-uk"I saw one very similar at JAE , was green though, took a picture too ill see if I can find it , could it be the same car that has been painted?
That's dj2k21  s:) :) s:)  lovely car
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

loadswine

Perry's one looked superb, but a lot of that was the colour and Perry's individual skill. They aren't normally my cup of tea. That's just me though.  s;) ;) s;)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

2 of the left

It would seem I've stirred a hornets' nest with this thread and for that I must apologise  and I must say that the majority of the mods and upgrades seen in submitted photos have the "WOW" factor but aggressive? that's a matter of opinion and as stated above, personal preferences is the key to all this. I just wonder what Toyota designers would make of the improvements?
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

xsarahx

Quote from: "steve-m-uk"I saw one very similar at JAE , was green though, took a picture too ill see if I can find it , could it be the same car that has been painted?

Found it

No this is not the orange car thats been painted, this is a different one, and thats my ugly mug in the passenger seat, you could of warned me you were taking a picture and i would of smiled   s:D :D s:D   he he
Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

Tags: