Harness mounting

Started by js1mr2, January 24, 2012, 21:12

js1mr2

I'm planning on using my mr2 for a couple of sprints and hillclimbs later in the year and so intend on getting a bucket seat and harness as required by the regulations but as the car is my daily drive I will keep the seatbelt for road use.

Can anyone give me any advice on how best to mount the harness?

I've seen in pics of Rogue motorsports 2zz-ge britcar eyelets attached to the firewall for mounting the harness and the same done in this project:
 l viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25392&p=317957 l

dj2k21

I made a harness bar that's mounted to both seat belt mounting points because ifind my harnesses to be too short to reach the firewall.the harnesses wrap around the bar nicely and in my opinion I feel alot safer knowing its mounted to original belt points than some eyelets in the firewall. Although I do have eyelets on the floor of the car to mount the lap belt part of the harnesses. Hope that helps.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Tags: