Apexi intake filter size

Started by Anonymous, July 8, 2003, 13:17

Anonymous

Does anyone know which size the Apexi filter element is (as supplied in the kit with the piping, etc)? I need to replace my dirty filter, and have several sizes to choose from.

Possible options are;

160-85mm
160-75mm
160-65mm
140-75mm

I'm guessing that those are length and diameter, but not sure.

Darth Paul

I thought it was a lifetime filter?

Anonymous

I dont know if this is any use but i have some K&N filter cleaner that you can have if you want? (assuming your filter is washable)

markiii

not sure to be honest Phil, bit Paul at PPE is selling them for $79 if that helps.

Mark.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Paul"I thought it was a lifetime filter?

It breathes dirty air, so it'll get dirty  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  And a dirty filter will clog.

You can probably clean it (which you can't do with a non-"lifetime" filter), but I figure if I have two, then I can be running on one, and trying to work out how to clean the other, swapping them back and forth every so often.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"not sure to be honest Phil, bit Paul at PPE is selling them for $79 if that helps.

Y5000 (~$51) at TakaKaira. I just need to know which size; I guess I'd better take mine off and get the ruler out, and hope one of those sizes correlates  s:) :) s:)

Slacey

Phil, did you suss out the size in the end?
A friend needs a filter for his Scooby and my Apexi will need replacing eventually, so it makes sense to do one order with Taka Kaira to save on shipping.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Phil, did you suss out the size in the end.

Unfortunately not; mph kindly measured his, but the dimensions bear no obvious relation to the available options (above). I'll try and find out from PPE, since Takakaira aren't responding  s:( :( s:(

Tem

Just shower it  s:) :) s:)  Take the filter off and shower water inwards from the opening...so that it goes through the filter in opposite direction than airflow when it's on car. And just shower it as long as the water coming through it isn't perfectly clear.

IMHO you don't really need those cleaning thingies, as they are mostly meant for getting rid of the oil you have to spray on most filters...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: