Advice please?

Started by AckersMR2, February 6, 2012, 16:29

AckersMR2

Hi All,

I've just bought my first mr2, it's on a 53 plate so a facelift model. I would like it to sound a bit more lively though so I was thinking an induction kit and exhaust (twin pipe) and also maybe a de cat manifold?
Will this do the trick and will their be any sort of power gains with this? Not too bothered about power though as I have a bike for that  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Was thinking K&N gen 2 (for the cool air) maybe a cobra exhaust and finally one of the 100-130 manifolds off eBay?
Also saw this  m http://bit.ly/zCDiJj m  Looking at the pic it looks like the pipe places the filter down in the back quarter, any ideas? I can't find much info on them on the net?
My only car is a Ducati 

rosco1209

that induction kit is pony dont touch..... i baught one when i first got my 2 ......hard to fit bolts dont line up and is just rubbish....... dont waste ya money............ get a good one if you really need one get what you pay for............ maybe 1o bhp you will get from them gains nothing much......... and do you just want it to sound loud...??

AckersMR2

Not so much loud but fruity rasp would be nice, like the aesthetics of a twin pipe exhaust too.
My only car is a Ducati 

uktotty

I would say 3bhp, not 10.
Induction kit, crap, get an AEM, Apexi or TRD.
Cobra is good, K&N is good

AckersMR2

Thanks for the advice, wasn't expecting much of a power gain so that's ok just a nice noise. Anyhow's got my Z1000 for that  :-) :-) :-)
My only car is a Ducati 

Tags: