Loosing Oil

Started by scottee, April 22, 2004, 13:47

scottee

Thanks mark and the rest of you. I think I owe alot of people alot of beers on the next meet  s;) ;) s;)

loadswine

There's no easy cure...but I've been thinking about this, if I ever run into this problem again:
 m http://monkeywrenchracing.com/mwr_toyot ... e_kit.html m
QuoteLike TEM , I've been looking at going this route as a winter project, not sure how much this would be to do all in ,remembering there must be some electronics to add for the engine management system.
This might give those of us with older 2s the chance to have an engine we don't have to worry about. Has anyone tried this kit at all?
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

loadswine

sorry about last message guys, wrong bit in quote box.Scottee hope it turns out not to be a problem, I have heard some engines do use a bit of oil when new or refurbed. My diesel Multipla used a lot when new, but after a severe 33k miles hardly uses any now.Hope this is helpful.

Tem

I don't see why you would need extra electronics with that kit...the ECU just measures the air going to engine from MAF and adds fuel accordingly. Pretty much like improving the flow with intake kit and exhaust..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

loadswine

You could be right Tem, hadn't thought of it like that. With a bigger bore, do you think the mapping would change at all? Guess the oil consumption might improve.

scottee

Well its been 2 days and 250-ish miles and the oil level is holding, its only dropped a tiny little bit, only time will tell. Pre-cats are being checkde/gutted next weekend when im off

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"I don't see why you would need extra electronics with that kit...the ECU just measures the air going to engine from MAF and adds fuel accordingly. Pretty much like improving the flow with intake kit and exhaust..

You are right Tem , you wouldn't need anything extra,but a piggy back ECU would get you the extra hp that you could easily get with those internals..... Anyway you've got a FC still, haven't you?, so you're sorted.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Tem

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"Anyway you've got a FC still, haven't you?

Yeah, haven't installed it yet though...

(still waiting for the Commander AND having major issues with the engine)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Your not having the best of luck are you Tem.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Anyway look what i've just bought  m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayISAPI.dll? ... 2474431213 m

Add this  m http://monkeywrenchracing.com/mwr_toyot ... e_kit.html m

And this  m http://monkeywrenchracing.com/crower_bi ... zz_fe.html m

And you'll have no prise for guessing what i'm up to next.

PLEASE NOTE... I have no problems with my engine at all. This is purely a project that i started, was going to stop and get a Boxter instead, but was talked out of it (thanks Darren  s:? :? s:?  ) And now i'm back on track.

The broken engine is perfect for getting it all ready then swapping them when the time is right.

loadswine

That was exactly what I was thinking of doing,only I hesitated due to minimal funds at the moment. Good luck to you ,let us know how you get on. How much were the big bore bits all in?

DAZ400

Well done Ian good find.........   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Happy birthday for Tomorrow.........  s:D :D s:D
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   Why thankyou. Strange day when a birthday present to myself is a engine!!

Quote from: "loadswine"That was exactly what I was thinking of doing,only I hesitated due to minimal funds at the moment. Good luck to you ,let us know how you get on. How much were the big bore bits all in?

Not ordered the big bore stuff yet, i'm taking it slow, the ebay auction only ended tonight. I'm going to get it and strip it, and start a photo shoot of the breakdown of the engine components. Including before and after head porting and polishing and how thin the original connector rods are compared to the billet ones. Then the rebuild and swap. Hopefully it may be of some help to others.

Tags: