German rubish

Started by DAZ400, April 22, 2004, 17:48

DAZ400

OK so I got my clutch and flywheel in 2 days. Booked in for 8 am on tuesday they did not start until afternoon on tuesday then on wednesday my car put a mechanic in casualty Car 1 Mechanic 0 The stripdown and replacement rebuild went perfectly fine but there is a problem with the Bosch SMT ECU it has been told their has been a new clutch fitted but it won't play ball and select any gears so the bit that don't work is the german bit. As of tonight I don't know if there is one in stock and I am supposed to be getting on a ferry on saturday bugger.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

ive just had the same problem with my 03 smt when replacing the clutch the couldnt get the gearbox to work it couldnt find the new clutch . in the end they had to fit a new " modified" ecu however the clutch now has a judder !!!!!! which they cant fix

SteveJ

Odds are the cretins have spilled some of the SMT fluid, which has now allowed air to enter the system. My first car went through 3 SMT ECU's and a complete control assembly until they realised this most basic of errors. ***THE RESERVOIR MUST BE FILLED TO THE MAX POINT OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET PROBLEMS***

GSB

The slightest bit of air in any hydraulic system will cause actuator errors, either no movement, or erratic uncontrolled position fluctuations. Ask them nicely of theyve very very thoroughly bled the sytstem. High pressure hydraulics of this nature arent usually familiar ground to a tech who works purely on cars. Its more in keeping with heavy plant, HGV's and agricultural machinery.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

It seems to be the usual thing. In a rush and things go painfully wrong. My sympathy goes out to Daz as you can be certain that what you want to happen will turn into your own mini nightmare.

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully it will be a good one.

DAZ400

They have bled the system 3 times and are confident of no air in the system. They say it goes through all the computer setup stages and then falls over at the last bit.

I am waiting for a call there should be a UPGRADED SMT ECU on its way to the garage today.

I discovered speaking to them yesturday there are numerous Engine & other ECU firmware upgrades including mapping changes but they do not update cars as a matter of course but only when individual cars have a problem.

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

DAZ400

Car still broke no gears, had an upgraded ECU fitted today and still does not work they say we have tried everything and still don't work. Toyota main techs don't work on saturday and I have had removals in today and have a empty house now !!!!!!

They are starting to blame the clutch now as it is not a T part but I have said it is used by many others with no problem.

For a main tech to come you need to book 6 weeks in front so you will need to be able to see into the future go figure.

I am supposed to be getting on the ferry tommorow guess that aint happening.

anyone know some where tall to jump off......   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "DAZ400"I am supposed to be getting on the ferry tommorow guess that aint happening.
Ask Kris if he has a spare area on his lawn that you can camp on   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

DAZ400

So been down Mr T today and no one working on the car VERY disapointed as I am now homeless and have no car. Ferry will be going without me and they are now trying to blame all the mods, I think a bit of a battle coming on, and to  think I handed my desert eagle in on the arms amnisty DOH !!!!!

So if nothing works on monday the they might have to send it to Surrey for the techs who have been on the training course.

Bugger I have been unlucky all the way through my modding process.

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

So sorry to hear of your grief . how hard can it be to just change a clutch .ive just had the same problems . i dont understand how or why does the ecu break . i hope the ecu is under waranty cos i hate to think how much one is !!! with mine  to get the ecu to work they had to disconnect the battery to clear down the main ecu fault codes for a min of 2 hours. then it would accept the new ecu . hope this helps

SteveJ

Quote from: "DAZ400"So if nothing works on monday the they might have to send it to Surrey for the techs who have been on the training course.

Would these be the same techs that have had my old '03' '2 for the last 7 months and still haven't fixed the ABS  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

DAZ400

I hope not as I will be in trouble.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

DAZ400

Crap, Monday and still can't get it working they are threatening to put the old clutch back.

Now what do I do ?

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

markiii

let them, abnd when it stil won't work rip em a new aresehole.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

DAZ400

Ok all fixed and working with my nice new RPS clutch and Fidanza flywheel.

Labour was £750 for 10hrs although they spent alot more time on it but now are more experienced.

The problem was the linkages they were all removed cleaned re-assembled and greased. Then the setup procedure worked first time no trouble. When nice and new they obviously setup ok as the linkages are nice and free and greased but get a dirty one and all sorts off problems.

They were trying this as a last option as they were told that another car had similar problems and this fixed it. The trouble is they look fine and ok but have to be perfect for the setup procedure to work ok.

Also running a new UPGRADED SMT ECU althogh no details on what the differences are.

s:D :D s:D  

Happy Again now.

heathstimpson

I'm glad it got sorted in the end Darren; when are you intending to go across the channel now  s:?: :?: s:?:

DAZ400

This Saturday, got to tidy up the mess in the back and the engine bay they made and check it all over.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Heath did your pipe get done today ?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "DAZ400"This Saturday, got to tidy up the mess in the back and the engine bay they made and check it all over.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Heath did your pipe get done today ?
Exhaust fitted this morning and I put the anti flex plate on. Have done 300 miles and the difference is immense. The exhaust is a lot, lot louder and deeper, the plate makes an amazing difference to the handling...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: