Central Locking packed up now

Started by Anonymous, April 22, 2004, 18:10

Anonymous

I've got home this afternoon and gone to lock the car using the central locking gizmo as you do - won't work. nothing. tried several times then fetched spare key in case it was the battery - the same, nothing. after several (in fact many many) attempts it eventually works sometimes but then won't unlock without a number of attempts. The little light on the dash is blinking which shows that the immobilser is on (?) and I can lock and unlock each door using the key - the remote won't work though (or intermittently). Bearing in mind I've just had a new bumper etc and know that the front end was stripped right down I contacted the repair bods straightaway who claim it's nowt to do with them, they didn't touch the alarm and it't in the back anyway. Phoned Toyota who say that if it was working prior to the repair but now isn't then it's clearly down to the repair blokeys not them but they'll have a look anyway. While all this is going on I've also noticed a rattle in the nearside door when I open and close it, I can hear, and in fact feel, something rattling about inside the door! Is it possible that it's something to do with the central locking slave motor thing on that side and that could be what's causing it to not lock etc from the key fob?

any advice (or chocolate) greatfully recd as Im starting to get really fed up with this - can I be that unlucky?   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Liz

Oh Sandie  s:? :? s:?   you are going through the wars with your car, FWIW the alarm is in the front under the spare wheel, hence it is so quiet, so they may of disturbed something, hope that you get this sorted out mate
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

SteveJ

Correction - the siren for the alarm is in the front bin - the alarm control unit is elsewhere in the car (actually several locations). Central locking has nothing to do with the siren unit.

Not sure where the antenna for the central locking receiver is though - it could be located within the front compartment, but I doubt that it is right at the front of the car - more likely on the firewall.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "swp"While all this is going on I've also noticed a rattle in the nearside door when I open and close it, I can hear, and in fact feel, something rattling about inside the door!
Funny enough I've got exactly the same; sounds like something has fallen off inside the drivers door and rattles and moves about.  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "swp"While all this is going on I've also noticed a rattle in the nearside door when I open and close it, I can hear, and in fact feel, something rattling about inside the door!
Funny enough I've got exactly the same; sounds like something has fallen off inside the drivers door and rattles and moves about.  s:? :? s:?

Took a little trip up to Mr T today (perfect weather for the drive) they took the door panel off and found that a bracket (or some description) had fallen off, all fixed now!   s:) :) s:)  

still don't know what was wrong with the central locking as it's been alright ever since   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Tags: