Installing Davids bars

Started by Peter Wright, April 23, 2004, 11:00

Peter Wright

Have unwraped my car after hibernation and have installed Davids style bars but have these left over can anyone help
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Slacey

The pic isn't too clear but I can identify most parts...

The small curved parts are to be glued to the bars themselves to provide support for the 'cutout' sectiones that are the rear part of the trim, behind the outer bar on each side.

The sloped plastic is to be attached to the leading edge where the soft-top release latch is, to push the roof away from the bars IF they rub (and if fitted properly, they shouldn't)

I can't quite see the oblong bits clearly, do they have a hole through them?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Peter Wright

Quote from: "Slacey"I can't quite see the oblong bits clearly, do they have a hole through them?

No they seem like spaces of some sort

Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Slacey

Ah! That will be it then - they aren't needed at all, they were a fix for the V1 bars - I remember at the time wondering why David put them in the pack as he told us there and then they weren't necessary.

Peter Wright

All finished, pleased with results, fairly easy to fix, no rubbing on roof, full 2" gap

Slacey

Pleased it's sorted and that you like them  s8) 8) s8)

Tags: