looky what i got :)

Started by woodman, February 21, 2012, 19:01

woodman

so after a 500 mile round trip to essex and back, ive managed to bring home these  s:) :) s:)

.... now can anyone local help me fit them? lol
JDM[size=85]addict[/size]

nathanMR2

Ooooh nice!

What was the damage? If you dont mind me asking
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

woodman

lets just say is was definantly worth the ´tank and a bit´ of petrol it took to get there lol  s:P :P s:P

nathanMR2

Seems like u got a good deal then  s:) :) s:)
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

woodman

im hoping so lol. i did do my research before hand, and to be honest i would have prefered the monoflex, but i couldnt refuse the offer. us beggers cant be choosers lol

Anonymous

very nice and clean. and i would say the best but im not biased by the fact ive got some  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

woodman

hehe, nice and reassuring. have u got the edfc doo-daa electric thingy-mi-jig too? was looking at gettin one but wasnt sure how often i´d want to change the damper settings

FGrob

Did they come off a wreck, noticed the hoses are cut. There's not too many cars fitted Monoflex, I know Rogue had a couple of secondhand sets he was looking at selling, almost the same price as new.

Superstreet are a good shock, especially if they are priced as well as you say. EDFC is one of those items that if you don't fit you will not be bothered, but if you do fit it you will be surprised just how many times you can and will use it, I love it and had it fitted when I replaced the Superstreet with the Monoflex, you just need to make sure you have the right servo motor as they changed sizes over the years.

Enjoy the ride.

Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

woodman

thanks rob, think i´ll leave the edfc for a while then, it is a fancy gizmo and as much as i love my gadgets i´ll put the pennies towards a set of rotas  s:) :) s:)
what made you change to the mono´s?? i was lucky with these, they didnt come off a wreck, well, not a crashed one anyway. the poor bloke took bad advise of a dodgy mechanic, ran a turbo on stock internals, and while testing it.... well, bang! they had literally been on the car less than a month, hence why i drove so far to snatch them up

FGrob

Quote from: "woodman"thanks rob, think i´ll leave the edfc for a while then, it is a fancy gizmo and as much as i love my gadgets i´ll put the pennies towards a set of rotas  s:) :) s:)
what made you change to the mono´s?? i was lucky with these, they didnt come off a wreck, well, not a crashed one anyway. the poor bloke took bad advise of a dodgy mechanic, ran a turbo on stock internals, and while testing it.... well, bang! they had literally been on the car less than a month, hence why i drove so far to snatch them up
It was the height adjustment I wanted, Super's don't truely change height without affecting the spring rate so I decided to go for the full monty, I will say they are not a daily driver coilover, whereas the Super's are, just stick to the Tein recommended height settings and you will be OK, I changed my tyre profile which made it a bit too low with the Supers.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

We can talk more on Sunday if you like.

Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

woodman

sounds like a plan. thats before you shake your head in disgust if i manage to get them on before sunday anyway..... i know its wrong but "just" wanted to see what its like at its lowest.... only for educational purposes obviously lol   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

woodman

got them on the car now with A LOT of help from spit. cannot express how much of a genuinly nice guy ste is. will post some pics up tomorrow when its clean lol.
once again, thank you so much  s:) :) s:)
i was just wondering what settings people with the supersports currently have? ive been playing around with them and have had mixed results. as i havnt had chance to get to a garage for an alignment yet i havnt been the slightest bit aggresive (not that i drive hard anyway), but would be handy to know what setup people have for a daily drive etc

FGrob

I always use to run about two clicks harder on the back than front, for town driving + the wife is was 14 front - 12 back, for the more spirited drive 10 front - 8 back, for track 3 front - 2 back, that was one of the main advantages of EDFC. For the Monoflex I've got 32 settings which are set almost double to the above (28 front - 24 back) if you get the idea. I would have thought Ste should have been able to set for normal use.

Rob.

woodman

yea i get you, thanks for that. ste did a perfect job, im dreading the look on his face when he´s sees how low ive put it since lol  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
sorry! i know i know, its not wise to have it too low etc etc, but it looks sooooo good lol!
i found that the ride is a lot smoother (im guessing to to the spring compression being less??) now it is set lower, as for the dampering, im goin to try the same as you had

FGrob

Quote from: "woodman"yea i get you, thanks for that. ste did a perfect job, I'm dreading the look on his face when he´s sees how low ive put it since lol  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
sorry! i know i know, its not wise to have it too low etc etc, but it looks sooooo good lol!
i found that the ride is a lot smoother (I'm guessing to to the spring compression being less??) now it is set lower, as for the dampering, I'm goin to try the same as you had
They do look better low, but when I got stuck on speed bump at one of the meetings I decided I needed a change.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

woodman

lol, not going to lie, im expecting a few emberasing moments anytime soon!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

spit

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

A few knocks through the coccyx and you might want to lift it a bit   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Its a slight drift from your question, but your best first option Sean is to get that alignment checked out. If adjustable bars are out of budget, I can recommend crash bolts (or slightly more pricey camber bolts) as a proven solution to bring those rears back flatter to the ground.

As for settings on SStreets that are a tad lower than manufacturer's settings, the midrange of damping seems best for road use, especially on our bobbly streets.

I never particularly liked the softest setting on my car as it gives a peculiar resonant jiggle to the ride at urban speeds. And the hard is just too dman hard! That said, bringing the camber back in to -1.5 degrees from the ridiculous -3 that it originally was improved the ride and handling at all settings!

And another drift, feel free to pop in tomorrow if you're at a loose end. A few of us mooching around.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

woodman

took your advice on the crash bolts. ordered them in from camskill  s:) :) s:)
like you say, im sure a few bumps will result in me being more sensible and lifting it a tad haha. as for tomorrow i was going to nip round to yours and offer a helping hand (well, brew up and maybe sweep a little lol), but looking at the weather reports its perfect flying conditions, and my old man is keen to head over to derbyshire with the glider, so i may have been roped into that :S . if not i will definantly be round at some point

loadswine

You will find on the SS, that when you alter the ride height from their "reference " setttings ( about 30mm drop from memory), the spring rates will change by virtue of them either being compressed or decompressed. I had to run at higher levels on my old car due to bodykit, and that did make things a tad stiffer. If you have it lower, then it is probably a little on the softer side.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

woodman

Quote from: "loadswine"You will find on the SS, that when you alter the ride height from their "reference " setttings ( about 30mm drop from memory), the spring rates will change by virtue of them either being compressed or decompressed. I had to run at higher levels on my old car due to bodykit, and that did make things a tad stiffer. If you have it lower, then it is probably a little on the softer side.
just the excuse i was after for having it so low then   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   lol

Tags: