A little bit of help needed regarding head unit install

Started by Superflex, February 25, 2012, 23:01

Superflex

Hi guys. Done a bit of reading in this section and there's loads of pitfalls with pre/post facelift and single din double din fascia etc.

I have been donated an old single din Kenwood HU from a friend. I really only wanted an aux in for my iPod...

Anyway. I have a 2004 facelift '2 which has the Fisher Price unit.

I have read an install thread which I feel competent to get on with.

Just need some advice what kit to buy for the job... And what the difference is:

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160612959185 m
Containing:
FP-11-03 Fascia
PC2-17-4 Wiring harness
PC5-27 Aerial Adaptor

OR
---

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160704182294 m
Containing:
FP-11-03 Fascia
CT20TY01 Wiring Harness
CT27AA93 Aerial Adaptor

As far as I can see - the fascias are identical. The harnesses are probably the same (just different brand) but the antenna connections are different. The unit I have has an aerial plug that the first item looks like it has more chance of fitting. The manual says the plug is an ISO/JASO adaptor if that makes any sense to you...

The unit is a fairly simple Kenwood KDC-237 until I get more cash.

As usual, any help is appreciated. =]

Roadwarrior

I would ask the seller for more info.

s12vea

The first link looks right to me.
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

AckersMR2

I changed my head unit and speakers last weekend and although my 03 2 already had a single din Sony stereo when I bought it mine has the same connectors as the first link too.
My only car is a Ducati 

loadswine

Some head units come with an adaptor for the aerial connection, least I know some Alpine units do.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

iPap

Quote from: "loadswine"Some head units come with an adaptor for the aerial connection, least I know some Alpine units do.

It's an adaptor, which is about £2 max. There are two types.
2001, Black MR2, Elise Leather Seats, Aircon and Factory TTE Kit, BC Coilovers, SP Brace, Corkys Front Brace, Devs\' Front Bushes, Rebuilt Toyota 1ZZ Engine, Head and Six Speed Box, Cobra Twin Exhaust, Decat Manifold, Short Shift and Solid Bushes, etc...

Tags: