Possible Water Leak Mystery?

Started by Anonymous, July 8, 2003, 19:59

Anonymous

I came home from work this evening and just happened to spot liquid dripping from underneath the car below where the fuse box is situated to the nearside of the spare wheel. I can't see exactly where it's coming from but it's definitely water, the brake fluid level is OK as is the washer fluid.  Obviously, with the engine being at the other end I'm a little bit baffled as where this is coming from. There was a bit of rain coming home but it is still dripping.

Has anyone got any clues?   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Do you have aircon? Could be condensate from that...

Anonymous

Quote from: "pmdye"Do you have aircon? Could be condensate from that...
Just what I was going to suggest.

Anonymous

Yes I do Phil, and I did have the Air Con on when coming home... could it be this then? It's been dripping now for a good one and a half hours. It is slowing up though.

Anonymous

Almost certainly; condensation forms on the cold parts of the system, this drains, which forms a puddle when you stop.

I'd have expected it to have stopped by now, but on a particularly humid day, I suppose it could be still condensating. As a guide, those portable home/office aircon systems can drain several litres an hour.

Anonymous

Seams a bit long Dave. Have you checked the radiator is not leaking? I guess its at the front judging by how hot it gets in the tyre well.

Anonymous

I've just had another good look under the car and no water seems to be dripping directly under the radiator or from any hoses leading from it. It's just coming from above one of the suspension braces just behind the wheel although it's very difficult to pinpoint exactly where.

Tags: