Engine light on?

Started by 1969, March 12, 2012, 18:14

A friend of a friend now tells me that they are selling a roadster just days after I put down a deposit on mine   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  
Anyway, the car is priced about £300 under the going rate for what it is because the engine management light is on, according to the owner the light came on after an exhaust was fitted and aftermarket sensors were fitted, could this be the case or is he talking tosh??

Steve Green

If he has fitted generic sensors and not Denso it's possible.
But without the codes, who knows what mysteries you might find.
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

Cheers Steve, do you know what the codes would be for the sensors?

Steve Green

Don't mean to be rude but the forum has a search button.
Better to get an OBDII reader and check the code you have and then check the pending codes as there may well be more than one problem.

Once you have the info then look it up.

As I said, check that Denso sensors were fitted generic sensors bring up all sorts of issues including heater etc.
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

dj2k21

my engine management light has been on for years now lol, partly because of the full stainless, decat and no lambda sensors in my exhaust i expect haha, but it runs absolutly fine
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Anonymous

Stock runs fine if it the heater circuit. Don't you have a wideband?? I think where most like to get rid of the cel is because it can hide other errors

onion86

Quote from: "1969"according to the owner the light came on after an exhaust was fitted and aftermarket sensors were fitted, could this be the case or is he talking tosh??
The stock system has 3 sensors, two pre cat and one post cat... if he's had an aftermarket exhaust fitted it could be that rather than aftermarket sensors being fitted, the 3rd sensor is no longer connected but the other 2 are. This would cause the engine light to come on, but the 3rd sensor isn't going to cause any issues to how the car runs. As has been said, get the codes read.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Thanks guys  s:D :D s:D

Tags: