new menber, new car, engine management light on !!! aaaagh !

Started by kidkarter, March 19, 2012, 18:37

kidkarter

It ain't that old ! It's an 04 ! Haha I'll do it again just to be sure !

kidkarter

nope still the same thing ! next ! haha seriously unhappy girlfriend too !

normanh

Kid I am only down the road if you need the code read, it only takes seconds!

Norman

kidkarter

where abouts norm ? i might take you up on that offer ! i seriously need to get it sorted ! i hate seeing her this unhappy bless her !

Anonymous

This may sound stupid but are you sure your working the right side of engine. IE actulaly working on cylinder 1

Carribdis

Lol, not stupid at all Mr Buckingham. Number 4's on the left.
Not just a name, but a way of life.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj25 ... is/car.jpg

Anonymous

Quote from: "Carribdis"Lol, not stupid at all Mr Buckingham. Number 4's on the left.

Correct lol. But when you look from basically behind it gets confusing. I always go by from the timing end. Apart from French cars it starts at 1 there. French like to run the other way.

normanh

Typical of the Frogs always like to be different

norman

kidkarter

OMG !!!!!!!!! LMAO I'M DYSLEXIC WHAT CAN I SAY ! OTHER THAN I MAY HAVE TO FIND A NEW CLUB NOW ! I'LL GET MY COAT ! LOL

kidkarter

I FEEL LIKE SUCH AN IDIOT ! LOL I'M SPOSED TO A A SEMI QUALIFIED MECHANIC FOR CHRIST SAKE !!!!! Ok so I've been a Lorry driver for the last 14 odd years but still !  2 years ! passed with honours and distinctions I did !!! Oh i still got a stinking cold aswell ! Well that's excuse and I'm sticking to it !!!! LOL

Carribdis

Lol, it happens. I spent about 4 hours trying to push my rear brake caliper pistons in before i found out you have to twist them!

kidkarter

Ok so now I've actually changed the right injector !!!!!!! Lmao doh ! WAH HOOOOOOO !!!!! ONE VERY HAPPY GIRLFRIEND !!!!!!  s:D :D s:D  I CAN'T THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH !!!!   s:D :D s:D

Carribdis

You're welcome, glad it all worked out. Another Mr2, back on the road.

loadswine

Got there in the end matey!  s:D :D s:D
I thought someone did mention number 4 was the most difficult to install, somewhere in the thread.
Glad you fixed it and GF is now happy.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

kidkarter

s:D :D s:D   no you said it was a bit fiddley ! which it was ! just no.4 was a bit more so !!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  leave me alone i have man flu !!!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   no really ! bring it on i deserve it for such a MASSIVE school boy error !!!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  and yes toni is still like the proverbial cheshire cat !!!!!!!!   s:D :D s:D  got it done just in time for her first sunshining, roof down cruise !!!   s:D :D s:D

spit

Yay. Great that you've got it sorted matey.

Now get that 'flu kicked and get yourself a healthy dose of top-down windburn.   s:) :) s:)
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

kidkarter

he will spit and i would like to thank you all too ! my first ever sportscar and it's a mr2 convertable ! i love it !!!   s:D :D s:D  

toni

Tags: