Hard Top Storage

Started by Anonymous, April 26, 2004, 23:27

Anonymous

After the visit to my mate (who lives in a ropey area) the hard top is well and truly off. So here is the question:

How do I best store it when I have no rack/trolly/wall mounting option?

Luckily I have do have a spare room about 8 x 5 feet. My main concern is storing the roof to minimise and chances of knocks and scrapes and more importantly not put it under undue stresses.

I would appreciate any advice.

markiii

for my money, len it on end, glass part down. and cover with a soft sheet
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

As Mark said, but at bare minimum I would invest in a proper cover.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Agree on the need for a cover - especially to keep the dust off the interior lining. Anyone know how much they cost? - I need one!

Tom

Anonymous

I recently bought the cover and think it was £155, I haven't yet bought the stand that will be my next investment and I think I was quoted £94.
They are both readily available from Toyota dealers, however I haven't found the cover to be a particlularly good fit (unless I've put it on wrong but I think I covered all combinations  s:? :? s:?  )so if there are any alternative options out there they may be worth a look.

Anonymous

£155 is too much IMHO - you can usually find them second hand on places like  w www.imoc.co.uk w  or  w www.mr2dc.com w  I paid £120 for the stand and the cover. Sean had the stand off me and i kept the cover for myself.

I had trouble fitting mine when i first tried it out - there is a way where it will fit snug as a glove. You have the front of the cover over the outside of the roof, with the glass at the bottom, so if you stand it upright so you can read the MR2 text on it, the glass will be at the bottom with the ourside of the roof facing you (i can take photos if you want?)

Bongo

Yes please Kris, I had trouble aswell.

Kind of hard to try all the possibilities when you could be driving the car (especially as i'd just bought it)

Anonymous

I just purchased a hardtop hoist for mine and installed it.  Works great and helps those mates that may not have someone else handy to help with taking the hardtop on and off...and it's stored out of the way (above).

Darth Paul

Quote from: "bama spyder"I just purchased a hardtop hoist for mine and installed it.  Works great and helps those mates that may not have someone else handy to help with taking the hardtop on and off...and it's stored out of the way (above).

Bama, you got any piccies of this most excellent device? And where did you buy it from, will they ship to the UK, and how much was it?!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

PS. I got the Toyota hardtop cover and stand when I got my first '2 – half price. I haggled.  s:D :D s:D  

DP

markiii

Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Did you see my post in the General Forum? Wall hanging Brackets £39 + VAT?

Anonymous

(Reposted)
Hi,
Thinking that the good weather was probably on the way I decided to buy a hard top cover for my 2. I phoned up the local Toyota garage who asked what the chasis number was as this would make a difference?? I asked how much the cover was and the parts guy said over £200!!!

To cut a long story short I bought my cover from Autopak  m http://www.impacta.co.uk/7.html m  

It cost me £149 and came with fixings to mount it on a wall. First impressions are excellent. The cover seems to be strong and well padded with a soft inner lining. The zips and buckles are all very strong looking and do what they should. I can't comment on the wall hanging gear as I haven't used it, but it certainly looks ok.

BTW within minutes of taking the hard top off and putting the soft top up it started hailing and I havent had a dry drive yet after 4 days...yes you can blame me.
If you need a cover its worth looking at......I am nothing to do with the company.
(Hope this helps)Blackrat

Anonymous

Cheers for all the advice - Alas spending money isn't really an option as -
A) I've spend way too much lately and B) I'm tight!

I think I'll go for the blanket option.

Thought it was supposed to be sunny today - I feel cheated.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"sorry, only just got around to taking pics.....

m http://www.mr2-roadster.co.uk/rocstuff/roof1.jpg m

m http://www.mr2-roadster.co.uk/rocstuff/roof2.jpg m

Thanks for the pics.
Yeah that would be sweet and the ideal scenario.

Just checking out some vids from your site.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Bama, you got any piccies of this most excellent device? And where did you buy it from, will they ship to the UK, and how much was it?!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

The post that is after your original post Darth is the same one as the one I got (mine was shipped in-states though) so if you are looking for an affordable hoist, that's the way to go.

Cheers!

Tags: